Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

This may be a stupid question but i'll ask anyways. What i have read of these results has been mainly of bladder function improvement and walking improvement. Does this mean that the patients gained back all muscle function above the legs also?? ie a c6 complete regaining finger function, trunk function etc etc? Sry if this has been answered but this thread is huge. I will be reading through eventually but for now i am curious and need a shot of hope haha

Quote Originally Posted by greenseed View Post
    This may be a stupid question but i'll ask anyways. What i have read of these results has been mainly of bladder function improvement and walking improvement. Does this mean that the patients gained back all muscle function above the legs also?? ie a c6 complete regaining finger function, trunk function etc etc? Sry if this has been answered but this thread is huge. I will be reading through eventually but for now i am curious and need a shot of hope haha
    The subjects gained back walking, bowel, bladder, and possibly sexual function. All of these functions are programmed into the spinal cord. In order to regain specific muscle function, we believe each muscle must be exercised. In the upcoming trial we will use estim units on the hands. Hopefully that will return finger function.

I see, that makes sense. So what does the 6 hours of exercise per day entail? btw you seem very knowledgeable on these trials. What connection do you have to them?
    Thanks Jim.

they need to invent some e-stim gloves for hand rehab!...if they don't already have them
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Oops a quick Google search revealed that they do have them ...does that sound like a helpful avenue Jim?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I see, that makes sense. So what does the 6 hours of exercise per day entail? btw you seem very knowledgeable on these trials. What connection do you have to them?
    Thanks Jim.
    Good question. Jim, can you post what 666 exercise regimen is. Might be good start those specific exercises while we wait for the trial to start.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

i think i found the answer reading through
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...Update/page101

"The exercise is simple. It is just walking with a rolling support cart for 6 hours a day 6 days a week. They start by standing and progress to stepping with somebody walking behind with ropes to lock the knees during stance phase. Eventually, the person is able to lick their knees by themselves. At some point, the person can use a four point walker, then crutches, and then crane.

They do have exercises for the hands and arms but I don't think that these are as systematic. Every morning, all the patients go through about an hours of calisthenics, with music and a nurse standing in front of all the patients leading the calisthenics.

Dr. Zhu has now moved from the Kunming Army General Hospital to a separate private hospital in Kunming where she will be much better staffed and equipped. In addition, she will be able to take foreign patients for the first time. She just moved and does not yet have the staff to handle a large volume of enquiries. I will post as soon as I know that she is ready to do so.

Wise."

Thanks Jim.
    I work for Dr. Young here- http://keck.rutgers.edu/

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Oops a quick Google search revealed that they do have them ...does that sound like a helpful avenue Jim?
    The company who makes them has agreed to donate for trial. Forget the name, from Israel.

[QUOTE=greenseed;1825822]i think i found the answer reading through
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...Update/page101

I visited the Army Hospital in Kunming several years ago, was able to use the rolling walker.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Jim

I'm just trying to catch up on this tread, could you link the paper please?

also, is there any concern for previous medical conditions? For example, my 18mo old is paralyzed due to neuroblastoma tumour, would that affect eligibility down the road?