Thread: ChinaSCINet Update

Are you saying it has been stated that foreigners can join the trail if they cover expenses?
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 04-25-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Are you saying it has been stated that foreigners can join the trail if the cover expenses?
    Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweeds View Post
    James, if I remember right Dr. Young has stated in the past that foreigners would not be allowed to participate in the China trials. I think he mentioned U.S. costs would likely be around 100k, 40k in China if the treatment comes to pass. It'd be in this thread if you'd like to search for it.
    tumbleweeds, I had answered this question regarding participation in the Hong Kong trials. I had answered at the time that we could not accept patients who are not residents of Hong Kong because hospital fees would be charged to such patients. However, this situation varies depending on the trial and funding. Recently, for example, the Hong Kong SCI Fund approved funding for a clinical trial in Kunming that will compare the effects of untethering surgery and no surgery in patients that receive the Kunming intensive locomotor training program for 3-6 months. This trial would not be restricted to Chinese patients. Patients from the U.S., for example, would be able to participate in such a trial, just like Chinese patients. However, of course, patients have to pay for their own travel and expenses of any caregivers who might be traveling with them. I was just in Kunming and they tell me that they would welcome foreign patients. I will comment in a separate post about access of patients to phase II and III trials that we are planning for umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell and lithium clinical.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    tumbleweeds, I had answered this question regarding participation in the Hong Kong trials. I had answered at the time that we could not accept patients who are not residents of Hong Kong because hospital fees would be charged to such patients. However, this situation varies depending on the trial and funding. Recently, for example, the Hong Kong SCI Fund approved funding for a clinical trial in Kunming that will compare the effects of untethering surgery and no surgery in patients that receive the Kunming intensive locomotor training program for 3-6 months. This trial would not be restricted to Chinese patients. Patients from the U.S., for example, would be able to participate in such a trial, just like Chinese patients. However, of course, patients have to pay for their own travel and expenses of any caregivers who might be traveling with them. I was just in Kunming and they tell me that they would welcome foreign patients. I will comment in a separate post about access of patients to phase II and III trials that we are planning for umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell and lithium clinical.

Wise.
    looking forward to more information
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    looking forward to more information
    As well am I. It would be real nice if 2 or more people going could split housing expenses. Ill make a post about that if I end up going.

Do phase II and III include a placebo group?

Barrington, there is no cost for housing, just have to cover travel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    How's the food? LOL

Awesome arrangement

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

It is. If I had a complete injury and could swing it with work, would def go. When done, you will be in top shape and ready to receive the therapy when approved.

It is. If I had a complete injury and could swing it with work, would def go. When done, you will be in top shape and ready to receive the therapy when approved.

Is it just because I am sci and impatient or has phase 3 been taking abnormally long to get started? I am posing this as a serious question and not trying to sound combative though it may ....genuinely interested