Thread: Loss of spasms after decubitus ulcer

Loss of spasms after decubitus ulcer

I developed a stage 1 ducubitus ulcer approximately 2 months ago. The skin looks fully healed but with a slight discoloration in the area it was most prominent. The problem is, I have experienced a loss of muscle spasms. I always have muscle spasms and am worried that their is something wrong. When I wake up in the morning I have some spasms but after sitting for 15 mins or so they go away and my legs become completely flaccid. Has anyone experienced this before. I am getting worried because I have school starting next week and am afraid I have not completely healed. Please if you have any info, this is really worrying me.

With my SCI spasms are the worst when something is wrong. If you're like me, now that you're not getting, having, and healing from a sore anymore maybe your body has relaxed a bit? Whenever I have spasms I find something wrong, usually pressure, sitting on my nuts, toes curled in shoes, etc.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

The reason why Im so concerned is because I always had spasms prior to the ulcer. Now all of a sudden their gone. Ive been paralyzed for 15 years and this is the first ulcer ive developed. I know something is wrong but nobody seems to have experienced this before

Hi,
    I can't say I have heard of this connection except as above, when there is a change physically muscle spasms usually worsen. I would keep checking the site, do good pressure reliefs every 15 minutes while sitting and monitor your skin closely.

AAD

Thanks for the responses guys