Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever wonder what's the point of life?

Ever wonder what's the point of life?

I used to always think when I was little who made God and all these other things. I was thinking about that earlier but I now truly believe there is a God because everything in this world is to perfect. If you think about it, we base almost everything we do like the calender year, Christmas, etc. on God (Jesus Christ). But have you ever wondered what's the point of life? My mom says the point of life is life. I'm not a person that blames God for my accident that killed my 2 friends and left me with a SCI and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). Me and my friends had all these signs not to go out like I couldn't get a car that night to drive, my friend couldn't get a car either so he took his brothers car without asking and 10 min before my accident the girls we were with called us and told us to take another expressway (I-290) and my friend who died said no will take (I-55 expressway) and other signs of not to go out that night. I believe all those signs we received was God telling us not to go out. But we didn't.
    Do any of you ever think stuff about who made God and what's the point of life?
    Last edited by mj23; 08-29-2010 at 03:03 AM.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Try reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.

HUGE eye-opener for me.

I consider the point of life to be self-determined. For me, I've determined the point of life to be a growth, a progression, using my will and my effort, toward greater and greater service for others. Starting with family. Spreading from there into the community and then beyond.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

The point of life for me is to grab as much enjoyment as possible, while also trying to make the path smoother for others. We are here for such a short time in the overall scheme of things, and each person we meet is a fellow traveller who can use a smile, and extended arm, or even sometimes a hug. It enriches our life to do so, and their's too.

My point of life changed 072507 when this sci crap happened. Now it is to try to do everything I can for my girls and make there life as fun and informative as possible. As far as the god thing goes Im not going to comment on that due to that changing as well on 072507
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

The purpose of life has changed from when God created man to now. Man has become corrupted and is far away from God, and His intended purpose for man.
    At this point, the purpose of life is to know Jesus Christ, and live in His will.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

I wonder most days to be honest.

My goal is to be kind, funny and generous.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post

Me too and frankly I would not be completely honest if I did not admit it. Frankly I do not understand or get why half the stuff I have to manage in my life ever happens. I just figure...deal with what you get. Smile..and shut doors on the faces of the bad people and move on.

I am embracing the concept of the Phoenix. Scourge, burn it up and rise again....better.

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post

You are, on all three fronts!

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I consider the point of life to be self-determined. For me, I've determined the point of life to be a growth, a progression, using my will and my effort, toward greater and greater service for others. Starting with family. Spreading from there into the community and then beyond.
    nicely said, i feel the same
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился