Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air cooled cushion

I know the staff @ WWRC... they are good, but I doubt they'll know anything about Lasher, & their only experience w/ Marvel was an informal visit w/ me (and a demo chair) one afternoon. I might dare to say you're likely more educated re: seating options than most of them (due to your attention to detail & web-savviness). What's the reason for getting an eval done?

Over the past 6 months I've begun to notice nasty hot spots on my left ischial, no matter what I'm sitting in or on. Been to the local rehab folks and they all say the same thing: "I dunno, go to Woodrow, but you don't have a pressure sore...yet". No one around here has computerized mapping so I'm really hoping that will help. I'm pretty sure I need more contour under my arse where my glutes used to be.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Gotcha. They do have pressure mapping there.

Try a chiropractor too... it would be worth checking if your pelvis is out of alignment. My pelvis shifts every so often due to several daily [uneven] transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post

Try a chiropractor too... it would be worth checking if your pelvis is out of alignment. My pelvis shifts every so often due to several daily [uneven] transfers.
    Thanks. I know for a fact my pelvis is uneven. My right side sits lower and shifted forward. I've no return on the right below the hip, but enough function on the left to stand for a hot minute without any bracing. I'm twisting as a result of this muscle imbalance...I think. They're gona take x-rays while I'm seated and map me. I should be able to use my four chamber roho to compensate, and have for a while, but that has seemed to stop working.

Scott, is the chiro able to realign your pelvis?
    Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

@dale, seriously, find a good chiropractor. what you describe is a relatively simple fix (well, should be)... I've been there before. might take a few visits, but it'll be a lot cheaper (visits average $40ish around here) than custom seating.

just drill any chiro doc w/ questions... the good ones can explain everything in detail.

@rdf, yes.

Awesome...thanks for the tip. I just started teaching a crack-the-backters son guitar lessons. How convenient. Perhaps a trade is in order...

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Thanks. I know for a fact my pelvis is uneven. My right side sits lower and shifted forward. I've no return on the right below the hip, but enough function on the left to stand for a hot minute without any bracing. I'm twisting as a result of this muscle imbalance...I think. They're gona take x-rays while I'm seated and map me. I should be able to use my four chamber roho to compensate, and have for a while, but that has seemed to stop working.
    I've never been a fan of the "Isoflo" Roho models. I prefer to be able to directly adjust what is going on in each half of the cushion.

The Dual Valve Hybrid Elite might help. The front portion of the cushion is firmer to support the underside of your femurs. Keeping your femurs supported equally by a comparatively firm surface makes it harder for the right ischium to drop down. Being able to adjust each half may also support the right side a little bit more. The Hybrid Elite is also lighter than your Quadtro Select.

FYI, the J3 with the dual valve Roho insert is significantly different than a Hybrid Elite. Different base, different insert, different cell height, totally different philosophy.

A Ride could be the next step, if something like the Hybrid Elite didn't work.

I know you have a relatively low injury, but I noticed the backs on your chairs are low. If the top of the backrest is raised to about the bottom of your rib cage, it will provide greater support.

Thanks for the tips. My Lasher backrest is 12" and the other 2 are set at 14". the 14" is just above my ribs and the 12" is just below. I guess 13" is the magic number.

I like the Hybrid but I was concerned that I need a little more height in the lateral rear area to make up for not having any meat there. I dunno...I really hope to try one. They have them in the 'cushion closet' at WWRC so I'll grab one of 'em first .

So, I just got to the hotel following my seating eval. The folks at Woodrow Wilson were very nice and knowledgeable. The conversation went pretty much as SCI_OTR prognosticated.

We mapped my arse on everything, they had everything you could want to sit on, and the Jay3 w/Roho insert worked better than anything else on the shelf.

Raising the ADI to 16" on the M1 made a huge difference in my posture and twisting. It helped a bit with pressure too. Good call 'OTR.

Time well spent.

Now for the juicy details:

The Sunrise rep stopped by right near the end and we had a nice conversation. I learned 2 new things.
    1. They have a q7 fixed frame version coming out, said to look for announcement very soon. He showed me pics on his Blackberry and it looked just like a q7, with welds. The back rest was JUST like the Tilite Z10, telescoping and curved out of the rear tubes for a minor COG tweak.

2. They've added an coil over oil shock to the q7 as well, adding 2.75lbs, but bringing back a suspension chair for the quickie line.

Cheers,
    Dale