Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: GoShichi 4 x 4 truck for Houston Abilities Expo

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinman13 View Post
    Earlier this month I was lucky enough to have a rep from Superior Van & Mobility meet me at my drivers eval with a GoShichi truck for me to check out. I am hooked on getting one of these trucks! I had only one disappointment: I have a FWD Permobil C300 and the truck the brought for me to see was 4WD. The transfer case kept me from getting close enough to the center of the truck to feel comfortable. The steering wheel was centered on my right knee and my head rubbed above the door. I had my heart set in getting a 4WD but I guess I'll settle for a 2WD and the added fuel economy in the long run.

Imkitch: do you have any experience with Illinois DRS and how much they typically pay? Right now they are my only funding source.

Does anyone else have any additional funding sources up their sleeve? I'm affraid DRS isn't going to pay for much.
    The Permobil M300 fits in a 4 wheel drive. As far as funding, Superior Van would be a great resource to find this information. Also, go to our website and send in a question along with your contact information and one of our reps can help with the search.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Imkitch, one of your reps sent me a couple .PDFs that show dimensions of the floor and lift tray. I found them EXTREMELY helpful in estimating if my chair will fit. Wich is great because there are no trucks here in Canada yet for me to try out. (That I'm aware of).

I would like to post them because I think they would be very helpful to others as well, but I won't do it without your permission. So let me know if It's ok.
    You can of course do what you want, but I would prefer people to log in to website or contact one of our reps to make sure they have the updated versions as well as the correct models since things live forever here in cyberspace.

Totally understandable.

How much added weight does the conversion add?
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Nice too bad it will never see offroad (mallcrawler)
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    Says who? The trucks are as capable as any factory gm product. Maybe I missed a post where the guy said he wouldn't use it off road?

I've got another couple questions as well.

How much extra travel did this lift require to accomodate the suspension and big tires? If I'm thinking of Just adding the biggest tires that will fit the truck as it comes from goshichi will I need modiffication to the regular goshichi package?

I THOUGHT i saw somewhere that you indicated that the trucks get a leveling kit as part of the lift adaptation? Is that a 2" kit, 3"?

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    Just for that I will snap a pic of mine crossing the creek at my cabin next time I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Says who? The trucks are as capable as any factory gm product. Maybe I missed a post where the guy said he wouldn't use it off road?

I've got another couple questions as well.

How much extra travel did this lift require to accomodate the suspension and big tires? If I'm thinking of Just adding the biggest tires that will fit the truck as it comes from goshichi will I need modiffication to the regular goshichi package?

I THOUGHT i saw somewhere that you indicated that the trucks get a leveling kit as part of the lift adaptation? Is that a 2" kit, 3"?
    My 2WD looks to be a 3" body lift and they do level the front end too. It has a good stance to it.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Thanks braswell, you're right I've read it's a three inch lift in a couple places now I'm just wondering how big a leveling kit they put on it, you can do a 2" 3" or even a 4" I beleive.