Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: International Stem Cell Institute Launches Major Adipose Adult Stem Cell Therapy Prog

International Stem Cell Institute Launches Major Adipose Adult Stem Cell Therapy Prog

first, the judge stops embryonic stem cells, now they promoting adult stem cells.

International Stem Cell Institute Launches Major Adipose Adult Stem Cell Therapy Program—The New Frontier of Medicine is Your Fat

SAN DIEGO -- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- International Stem Cell Institute (http://www.iStemCelli.com), a worldwide leader in Stem Cell Therapy, today announces the launch of its significant and proprietary Adipose-derived Adult Stem Cell Therapy program, declaring it an extremely effective solution to treat degenerative diseases and conditions. Scientists and medical researchers worldwide are finding adult stem cells have an almost magical ability to heal the human body, and the supporting scientific evidence is rapidly mounting. The FDA recently approved Geron Corporation and University of California at Irvine to conduct trials utilizing embryonic stem cells in patients with spinal cord injuries. However after ten years of rigorous testing and research on embryonic stem cells, scientists have still not been able to treat or cure any diseases. By comparison, adult stem cells continue to show their ability to successfully treat human disease and injury, while embryonic stem cells continue to demonstrate zero benefits for humans, and only limited results in animal models. It’s now widely accepted Adult Stem Cells hold the real key to curing diseases and medical conditions and are the future direction of medicine. ISCI’s treatments—based solely on Adult Stem Cells—utilize leading edge technologies, and hold immediate promise for patients suffering from many forms of degenerative diseases.

more...

http://www.freshnews.com/news/373599...herapy-program
    Last edited by manouli; 08-26-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Scientists and medical researchers worldwide are finding adult stem cells have an almost magical ability to heal the human body, and the supporting scientific evidence is rapidly mounting.
    1) magical? really?
    2) where is this evidence?

Manouli, they're saying the right thiings. Let's see some real human results to backup their claims. We're getting close.

They talk about a magical ability to heal and then add this disclaimer at the bottom -

Disclaimer: Stem Cell Therapies offered for consideration by International Stem Cell Institute are not currently approved by the FDA and the treatments and procedures mentioned take place outside the USA. Stem Cell Treatments are not a cure for any condition, disease or injury, nor a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and care. The information contained in this press release and ISCI's written materials should not be considered medical advice. It is intended to be used for educational and information purposes only.

Interesting marketing approach.
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    1) magical? really?
    2) where is this evidence?
    I could have sworn it said ALMOST magical which means it was ALMOST magical but not magical. Manouli, you are the (unofficial) stem cell man! Just ignore the negativity, many of us appreciate the articles and hopeful knowledge you always bring to our attention
    Ken

Guns don't kill people. Daddys with cute daughters do!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    I could have sworn it said ALMOST magical which means it was ALMOST magical but not magical. Manouli, you are the (unofficial) stem cell man! Just ignore the negativity, many of us appreciate the articles and hopeful knowledge you always bring to our attention
    Hey, I like what you are saying, and do agree with u. As soon the first trial starts, then BAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    That wasn't lack of appreciation or negativity, just a simple request for proof. You're not skeptical of something that claims magical results but produces no evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    That wasn't lack of appreciation or negativity, just a simple request for proof. You're not skeptical of something that claims magical results but produces no evidence?
    Well i'm glad to hear that first part, I guess you aren't that grumpy after all. We can live our lives as best we can while still hoping at the same time, and losing hope usualy isn't very healthy for the mind body and soul. Of course we need to be skeptical of things, there have been many times throughout history when it comes to health issues that people have taken advantage of others after getting their hopes up with false claims. Look at some of the dumb "snake oil" type things people have purchased in hopes it would cure them. As for Manouli, he posts almost every article in existence that pertains to stem cell research for us but I don't see him believing everyone of them. Hell, that would be impossible, he is up to about 10,000 by now lol. This article is like most of them, they speak of promising research and many opinions but it didn't seem like it was claiming anything to be true. It stated "and the supporting scientific evidence is rapidly mounting". That usualy means one little thing here that may lead to this is true and that chromosone here does this which is true and supportive possibly to this. They aren't technically lying but remain vague. I would love to know what it is too but these are scientists with a lot of money on the line and aren't going to share much other than some vague comments on it until they can patent it and make money on it and get the recognition for it (unfortunately). All we can really do is take it for what it is and hope what they say will one day be true with evidence out in the open. The scientists in this article are at least part of a well known and respected group which helps. It's pretty obvious which companys or scientists/doctors are totally full of crap by the language they use. Hey Scaper, a small part of thinking of you being negative is your avatar lol. That is not a very happy looking muppet, I hope that isn't an image you use to express how you look and/or feel. Hey, keep those researchers on their toes for us. Someone has to do it, just don't over do it
    Last edited by BigK; 08-27-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Ken

Avatar? That's my highschool photo, jerk! (Not that it's relevant to a cure thread, but since you're making personal assumptions, the muppet is a character from the sci-fi series Farscape, which is hilarious and lots of fun, not unlike myself. Heh.)

Again, my comments were in no way directed at Manouli, who himself noted the rather suspicious connection between the ra-ra adult stem cell advocates and the new ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. The article - correction - press release, has a very clear agenda in that regard. As was made painfully clear a few days ago, this is extremely detrimental to the entire field, so yes, colour me skeptical. And ok, a little grumpy at the damage these people are collectively doing in presenting themselves as the only scientists on the true path to alleviating human suffering. You don't think those are pretty big truth claims?

As for my perceived negativity and loss of hope, you've noticed my signature, right?

As for my perceived negativity and loss of hope, you've noticed my signature, right?

Yeah, i'm glad to see that. I am going to purchase a few bracelets myself. Keep up the good fight then and consider me a friend
    Ken