Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Traders on Here?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    T8burst,
    Thank you for the thought. You are correct with this current environment. Who knows what the market will bare in the next year. Hopefully , it will climb over 12,000. It will be interesting. What sector do you feel will rebound? I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
    One thing that is getting a lot of attention now is cloud computing: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2265...kspace-hosting

It is has been talked about for a while, but I think the technology is about to explode. I am just starting to read up on the various companies, but from a just a technology standpoint I think we have reached a tipping point where companies are going to move a lot of things out of their intranet and into the cloud. There will be some great places to make investments there I think.

T8 burst, I appreciate the thought and looked into this a little. Never really heard of this Cloud Computing until you mentioned it and Cramer on Mad Money started to talk about it. Are you familiar with lower priced companies that might rebound or start performing well? Take care,
    Best Regards,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    T8 burst, I appreciate the thought and looked into this a little. Never really heard of this Cloud Computing until you mentioned it and Cramer on Mad Money started to talk about it. Are you familiar with lower priced companies that might rebound or start performing well? Take care,
    Best Regards,
    Joe
    Joe,

I can't really recommend individual stocks. I would say that I think there is more upside in investing in companies that are developing cloud software (the 800 pound gorrila in that space is salesforce.com (CRM) http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=C...urce=undefined) than there is in companies developing cloud infrastructure (such as rackspace). Salesforce took a very painful part of enterprise business, managing your sales pipeline and by moving it to the cloud saved companies a ton of money and headache. There have to be other opportunities out there with similar upside, maybe back office accounting, HR... I don't know. I do really think the best investment opportunity is in the cloud applications, more so than providing the infrastructure.
    Last edited by t8burst; 10-24-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: my gorilla was too small

I appreciate your thinking. It is true with opportunities will be in the applications like some many other industries. It will be interesting anyway to see what the market does in the next couple of months with the political races going on. Have a good weekend.
    Best Regards,
    Joe