Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4AP

4AP

Anyone here using or has used 4AP?

I just got my first shipment and am curious as to other people's results. I am a T4 motor complete, sensory incomplete.

4ap

Yes I used it for about 2 months.I didn't get the results I expected,maybe I didn't give it enough time.For you it might do wonders.Good luck.

Hi

I used it for 2 months and no result on me
    side effect on me: a bit dizzy at the end of the 2 months.
    But we are all different. You have to try to know exactly...

Good luck

Steve

I am a t2 -3 incomplete and used it for 2 months and it didn't do anything for me.

? Dr. Young

Do you think that 4AP might be more affective to someone who is having this nerve procedure (i.e. Kao, Cheng)?

4AP & nerve procedure

Birde: I am planning on trying the 4AP for a few weeks now and then again after I have Dr. Cheng's procedure. I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

I am unclear as to how long I should take it for before I feel any effects (if it works at all).

ciao

Birde

I don't know the answer to your question. If the 4-AP is given within the parameters that we have discusssed before, it should be reasonably safe. There is, however, very limited experience with the effect of 4AP on axonal growth and early axonal function in the spinal cord. Harry Goldsmith and his colleagues at one point did claim that 4-AP stimulates regeneration in the spinal cord but that data is not yet convincing. Wise.

I've tried it for about eight weeks. The only noticeable difference was that my spasms increased and some numbness in my hands. And I don' tknow if this is directly related, but I gained about 20 lbs. This was a good thing becuase I lost about 50 lbs after I got hurt and had not been able to get it back in 2 years.

To tell you the truth, I´ve yet to read a story from someone with a spinal cord injury who has truly benefited from 4-AP. Anybody out there care to show me wrong?

I am T6 incomplete and have tried it for 6-7 weeks and I didn't noticed any difference.I had ordered it for someone else as well and he had a slightly improvement of feeling but his cord looked undamaged on a MRI-scan so it's quite possible that he had a lot of demyelinated axons.