Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neuralstem Files FDA Application for First Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Stem Cell Trial

Neuralstem Files FDA Application for First Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Stem Cell Trial

August 25, 2010
    Exciting News for Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Patients
    !!GO NEURALSTEM!!

http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoe...178&highlight=

Subjects are one to two year post. Hopefully, it will consider years post for the rest of us.

Anyway, good news for human trials.

Good.
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Blog Entries
    Remember, patients will have to take immunosuppressants for entire life.....

tarheel, let's let the therapy be tested and see of it is effective. The immunsppressant will be one of many side effects. Let's get some --it to work asap.

"We are very encouraged by what we have learned transplanting the first six ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) patients in our FDA-approved trial in Atlanta," said Chief Scientific Officer and Chairman of Neuralstem's Board of Directors, Karl Johe, Ph.D. "We believe that it is the right time to leverage what we have learned with ALS in spinal cord injury."

Good news. I wonder how extensive the recovery was with the ALS subjects.
    Last edited by antiquity; 08-25-2010 at 11:52 AM.

When they will start trials?

Let us wait for them also.

Why do they want to slow down the immune system for the rest of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    Remember, patients will have to take immunosuppressants for entire life.....
    I'll take that deal.... i already take blood thinners...

we might get 3-4 clinical trials by the end of the year, that's what we need, and they are different places. I can not believe that finally are talking about chronics, which is us.

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Neuralstem wants trials on spinal patients
    Posted: 7:59 pm Wed, August 25, 2010
    By Ben Mook
    Daily Record Business Writer

Biotech company Neuralstem Inc. said Wednesday it wants to test its stem cell treatment on patients with spinal cord injuries that have caused paralysis.

The Rockville-based company filed an application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration seeking approval to start a new clinical trial, hopefully by the end of the year. The spinal cord injury research would follow a current project that is testing the effectiveness of spinal cord stem cells on patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.

“Since this is similar to the ALS trials, once we felt comfortable with the safety we felt it was time to move forward,” Neuralstem CEO and President Richard Garr said.

In the proposed trial, researchers would inject spinal cord stem cells into 16 volunteers suffering from complete paralysis who had been injured up to two years beforehand.

Eight of the patients would have mid-back injuries with no motor or sensory function below the injury, while the second group would include patients with spinal injuries in the cervical area and no motor or sensory function below the injury.

read...

http://mddailyrecord.com/2010/08/25/...inal-patients/