Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Judge stops federal funding of embryonic stem cell research

  1. #21
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Florida Keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    It's two things: First and foremost, a political wedge issue. Secondly, it's a mental issue on the religious Right's nutbase who would rather see research go undone (that could help REAL people) so that the embryos could someday become a Christian.
    So, after the embryos are dumped in the trash as medical waste, their immortal souls go to heaven where they live with baby Jesus? Praise god!

    What percentage of these surplus embryos are "adopted" by Christian parents? I hope it is a higher percentage than the number of unwanted babies that get adopted.

    What percentage of the embryos that DON'T get "adopted" are baptised and receive funerals?
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 08-24-2010 at 06:16 AM.

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bdpara View Post
    I wanna find out where this asshole lives and we can all protest on his front lawn in our wheelchairs like the pro-life fanatics protest in front of clinics and dr's homes. I think it would send a powerful message to him and the rest of the christian right that their stone age thinking doesnt work in a 21st century america with a separation of church and state.

    I'm semi-serious if he lives near me I'll totally go protest in front of his house. Let me know if anyone finds his address
    Got this from another trend:

    The honorable chief judge Royce C Lamberth
    united states district court for the District of Columbia
    333 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, DC 20001

    Photo; Beverly Rezneck
    Chambers: (202) 354-3380

    courtroom deputy:
    Robert Elliotte (202) 354-3192

    Court Reporter:
    Theresa Sorensen (202) 273-0745

    I hope this helps you. I encourage everybody to contact these people and let them know how you feel.

  3. #23
    I wish there had been more focus on changing/amending Dickey-Wicker during the 8 years that everyone was calling for a lift on the funding ban. Surely ESC proponents knew that D-W would be an obstacle.

  4. #24
    Called Judge Lamberth chambers today, left a message with an assistant, Shane. Shared my personal story, told him I was supportive of ALL stem cell research and would like to speak with the Judge. He could not tell me if I would get a call back or not.

  5. #25
    Sorry I am new here, but I have been a faithful reader of this community since my accident in 7/9/05; in which I became a T5-T6 wheelchair dependant bound woman. I never paid attention to all the ESC news before, but was always fore new medical advances for everyone. I just wish some of these religious soapbox individiual would answer the post that Old Foolish put out to everyone. That is exactual how I see it with these embryos. Can we first solve the problem of unwanted kids with they're own soals first before they bring in more unwanted kids in the picture.

  6. #26
    The entire stemcell debate is really not about religion as it is about money, because if anyone truly believes in the bible and reads it then they know there is no soul that goes floating off somwhere and human beings are living souls according to genesis only after the breath of life is given by god himself does man become a living soul

  7. #27
    good news; Mike Pence is heralding the decision on stem cells as good and bellows the goodness of the decision. This is the same guy who has been interviesed time and time again and is for the upper 2% of population. that leaves the 98% of the rest of us. We need more of these burgermeisters to bellow in and create the climate for recening the decion of Royce and let the research go full hog again.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 03:23 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2001, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts