Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Breaking News

Just announced on CNN; judge set on hold any Federal Funding for embyonic stem cell research. We're getting ---ked again.

kepping on

The powers that be will never allow for a real cure to our injuries, our injuries create too many jobs and wealth,just think about all the supplies you need everyday just to live those supplies have to be manufactured by workers, I'm tired of the stemcell debate, i bet if the people that are in power were to become paralyzed, they would be ready to go to war to be cured

I am loving the comments from that story. This one is my favourite so far:

"Too bad, the greatest promise of stem cell research was a permanent cure for erectile dysfunction in right wingers. Guess they don't want that anyway."

How that made me giggle!

Bingo, the potential loss of revenue from a cure would put too many companies in financial ruin - every company that has over-charged us for years for all the products that simply make our lives tolerable. I hate sounding like I'm a "poor victim" but enough is enough.

My hope and faith now lie in the hands of those researchers who do not rely on any federal funding. I believe they make better progress anyway, when the potential for them to make money on a cure is just one light at the end of the tunnel.

But that sometimes doesn't soften the blow when the extreme Christian groups out there meddle in things other than their own beliefs. If one believes ESC research ends human life, that's fine. Don't donate or fund it yourself. But please stop imposing your beliefs on others. Or, as mentioned above, spend a week living as we live and see how long it is before you change your mind.

F U Royce C. Lamberth!!!

First thing after hearing the news I googled his name. Could not find any contact #'s. If anyone gets his number please post. Def will make his secretary's life a living HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go, Pawel84:

The Honorable Chief Judge Royce C. Lamberth
    United States District Court for the District of Columbia
    333 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20001

Photo: Beverly Rezneck
    Chambers: (202) 354-3380

Courtroom Deputy:
    Robert Elliotte (202) 354-3192

Court Reporter:
    Theresa Sorensen (202) 273-0745

Great, thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draggin' Lady View Post
    Here ya go, Pawel84:

The Honorable Chief Judge Royce C. Lamberth
    United States District Court for the District of Columbia
    333 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20001

Photo: Beverly Rezneck
    Chambers: (202) 354-3380

Courtroom Deputy:
    Robert Elliotte (202) 354-3192

Court Reporter:
    Theresa Sorensen (202) 273-0745

Great, thank you...

OMG.. I just read this and came straight to CC. This is the guy I want to contact!

"The American people should not be forced to pay for experiments — prohibited by federal law — that destroy human life. The court is simply enforcing an existing law passed by Congress that prevents Americans from paying another penny for needless research on human embryos," Steven H. Aden, ADF's senior legal counsel, said.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel84 View Post
    First thing after hearing the news I googled his name. Could not find any contact #'s. If anyone gets his number please post. Def will make his secretary's life a living HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pawel, why dont we try to get a meeting with this guy. I will go, take my son, I am close to DC, can probably find others.