Thread: supracore contour xs cushion cover

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live

supracore contour xs cushion cover

the zipper on my cushion cover has fallen apart in about a year. i ordered a replacement cover from sportaid and the order must have got screwed up because after a week i called supracore and the order was just being shipped out. i called supracore not only to figure out where my cushion was , but to ask about the zipper falling apart. i was told they had problems with the zippers and have changed them over the last year and the problem should be resolved. So, i finally got my new cover and went to put it on my cushion. there seems to be a lot of excess fabric on inside of cover by the zipper, so i was carefully trying to zip cover and it snagged. as i was carefully trying to unsnag the zipper, knowing how crappy the zipper was on other cover, the teeth started popping off the zipper. New cover now is crap and never even sat on it. will see how good they are with warranty or if they say it is my fault and if I have to pay shipping to get another replacement. I love this cushion, but it was high priced and $70 a year for new cover makes the varilite look like a better option.

You might want to try to have the zipper replaced by either a shoe repair shop or, if they can't do it, check your yellow pages for a foam shop that makes custom cushions and pillows. They will have the equipment (heavy duty sewing machines) to replace the zipper in the cushion cover. If the cover is still good, but the zipper is broken, a new and better zipper may be cheaper than dealing with a medical supplier where everything costs more $$$$ than a similar item would in the non medical world.

GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    You might want to try to have the zipper replaced by either a shoe repair shop or, if they can't do it, check your yellow pages for a foam shop that makes custom cushions and pillows. They will have the equipment (heavy duty sewing machines) to replace the zipper in the cushion cover. If the cover is still good, but the zipper is broken, a new and better zipper may be cheaper than dealing with a medical supplier where everything costs more $$$$ than a similar item would in the non medical world.

GJ
    I was going to have the zipper replaced on my current cover when the replacement got here, the zippers they use have plastic teeth, what poor quality.

called supracore this morning, very nice lady on phone(rachel) and new cover on way with return label for the one that snagged. also, took note of feedback about the crappy zipper. i also informed her of this website and how some manufacturers monitor user feedback.