Thread: Crappy day

Crappy day

24 years ago today at a quarter to 4pm crap happened. 20 years ago I met the love of my life because that crap happened. The ensuing years have been a whirlwind of adventure, I’ve broken bread with the high and mighty and found inspiration among the low and so called meek. I’ve experienced the highest high and the lowest low. I’ve traversed the country and have known the the peace of home. I’ve rolled the halls of government and roamed the high minded reaches of art. All of this is because crap happened 24 years ago at a quarter to 4pm. I feel angry and crappy because that crap happened, but now after 24 years I also feel angry and crappy at feeling angry and crappy; life is a big crap-shoot.

Be strong Ben.

I'm faced with an ambiguous paradox of feelings today.

Hi Ben,
    Early August, I saw 28 years post injury and would never have guessed in earlier in 1982 and before that this is what my life was going to look like. I married the love of my life in 1969 and 41 years later she still is. Like you, I've had a good, rich, full, successful life, but who knows what it would have looked like if 8/8/82 at 2:00 PM at a family picnic at the beach hadn't happened. Because C6/7 broke while I was in the water, there was a better than even chance that I could have drowned, so as they say they say this life has been a lot better than the alternative. Guess we all go through periods of "ain't fair blues," and "why me," so don't be too hard on your self for feeling "angry and crappy" about feeling "angry and crappy."
    Hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better and looking ahead. No stopping or backing up on this expressway, my friend.

All the best to you.
    GJ

I love your post ... in that I could relate to the ambiguity.

You are entitled to a crappy day. Wishing you a better tomorrow Ben.

Amen Ben.

I often reflect on which aspects of my 'new' life I would wish to retain if I could turn back the clock and resume my 'old' life.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Ben,

You are at the top of the list of people from CC I would dearly love to meet. I have felt this way for many years. I know I do not understand how you feel about all of this, but please know I like the heck outta you...I hope I meet you one day. It would be an honor sir!

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Thanks guys for being understanding, yesterday was a contemplative day for me.

While working in my classroom on the Navajo Res. I fell and crushed C3, C4, C5 vertebrae. It was 24 hrs before I was flown to major hospital in Albuquerque. Since I was born with CP the Doctor at Crownpoint felt there was no need to hurry, "He's already crippled, so what's the point" is how he put it to my Principal.

So I figure one day a year I get to bitc and moan and scream and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by duramater View Post
    Ben,

You are at the top of the list of people from CC I would dearly love to meet. I have felt this way for many years. I know I do not understand how you feel about all of this, but please know I like the heck outta you...I hope I meet you one day. It would be an honor sir!

Mary
    Ditto, we are lucky to have you as a member Ben.