Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Are They Now?

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Bethany, You have helped this "noob" out more than you know.
    You rock Bethney.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Sometimes I feel like a failure for still being here, in truth. But I need the support and I'd be lost w/out the equipment and computer forums when crucial parts fail. I like to think I have something to offer, esp to noobs, when I'm less drained emotionally than what I am lately. Right now just a huge sucking drain but someday will again be able to reciprocate the kindness I've found at CC.

Hi Betheny,

I sometimes feel guilty for not posting more. I have been injured for 43 years and still am learning things. Example: I found out yesterday that a pressure sore is no longer called decubitus(?)... it is now called a pressure ulcer.

My regret is that I wish I had found this site much earlier. The amount I have learned from other members, the SCI staff and Dr. Young could never be learned in school.

I applaud all the members, happy and sad, for their contributions.

Thanks to all again.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

DUDES this site is great! Always be member!

i've been living life and enjoying freedom! i lurk but am often too tired from research to post any intelligent response...
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Do you think the newer social networking communities - Facebook for example - have had an impact on CC ? Someone pointed out the possibility to me awhile back and I've thought alot about it ever since ..... when CC was in its infancy they were still being choreographed. People's time is limited and perhaps the need for comradery has been better served in smaller more specific communities - which in turn has impacted the climate here a little (or a maybe lot )

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I'm spending more and more time on FB. Reconnected with all my old high school buddies, and gals, and we give each other shit all day long as if we were still in school. None of them have changed, most are rabid right wingers, lol, but we have fun with our differing political views, not like here, where there's animosity. We all love each other still, we were a very close class. The best ever, anywhere, ahem

Seems like just yesterday to me, maybe that's why I'm spending more of my free time on FB than here. Haven't seen those guys in over 30 years, and it's as if I just saw them an hour ago. Weird, but in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    Do you think the newer social networking communities - Facebook for example - have had an impact on CC ? Someone pointed out the possibility to me awhile back and I've thought alot about it ever since ..... when CC was in its infancy they were still being choreographed. People's time is limited and perhaps the need for comradery has been better served in smaller more specific communities - which in turn has impacted the climate here a little (or a maybe lot )

Obieone
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

To me, life happened.... when I was newly injured with no kids or husband or home to care for I posted more.... I check in most days but rarely reply.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i've been living life and enjoying freedom! i lurk but am often too tired from research to post any intelligent response...
    Good to hear you are enjoying your freedom!
    I must be the last person in the world that does not do Facebook!

Not quite, I'm not there with you too!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Good to hear you are enjoying your freedom!
    thanks linda! for me fb is just easy to keep in touch with family members/large groups of friends that are spread out over the world.

freedom is good but has left me exhausted. this is the first weekend that i have been home and it feels strange lol hows ur fam doing?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/