Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Are They Now?

I'm still here, from time to time. It's been 6 years since my son's accident and I find I need the site less and need other contact more. But I wasn't run off or left with any hard feelings, just a need to move on with our lives.
    And, it seems, everytime I come back lately someone has died. Starting to get a little paranoid about coming back. And a whole lot sad.
    BeeBee

Infrequent poster these days but one of the original 50 or so 10yrs ago when Cando became CC and I was about 1yr post. In the beginning, we only had like 10 forums if that and many of us became mods, etc. Topics back then hadn't been rehearsed, reviewed and recycled as they are now. Attacks weren't anywhere near a vicious and swearing wasn't allowed at all.

But like most things, growth and change are inevitable. Relationships, Families, jobs, extracurriculars, start and should, encourage people to move forward.

I find that generally people, places, events and experiences in life can be summed up as; A reason, A season, Or a lifetime. CC can be each of these and probably was/is to most old and new members. It can be a much needed lifeline to some, a buoy to others or a bridge to the other side of life. CC for a time was an absolute lifeline for me in '01, 02 but then more of a parking spot for '03, '04 and more of a bridge that I could/would occassionally cross, and still do in the subsequent years, to check on members and take the temperature of the community.

Ten years later CC is still a valuable place to get information if you can wade through the morass and infighting. To me staying here day after day gets very stale and breeds a certain level of apathy because its guiltless. Not a bad thing for some, and quite possibly very necessary. But, for me, CC filled a reason while I stayed a season but not a lifetime.

Onward and upward,

Chris

Blog Entries
    Yes, Chris, spot-on insigts as usual. But I can’t be the only who posts occasionally hoping to lure you back. I do still have a rejoinder perculating to one of your old threads. So please keep an eye out.

Still here

I have a post on that list of topics you had a link to. To answer your question "Where are they now", I'm still here and still visit this site a few times a week.

i am at CC everyday, but mostly in the care forum... so i don't think anyone would notice here in the life forum if i went missing!

lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

I have been a member since 2001 and try to post if I can address someone's question. I check the forum on a regular basis but use it mostly for research and entertainment purposes.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."