Thread: Sirloins and the Fixin's

Sirloins and the Fixin's

I needed a steak, so I got a steak! Also did some new potatoes, red onion, red pepper and beans drizzled with EVOO and S&P. Steaks seasoned with S&P only.

Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Looks good! Sirloin your favorite steak? What's the best to you? I am a ribeye man, they just seem to be juicier and more flavorful, more fat I know. Anyone disagree let me know!

Ribeyes are our favorite too-cooked about like the picture.

Nice. All of your recipes/food look great too! Plan on trying some when I stop being lazy! Thanks

Oh, I will have to get my timing and temps on the charcoal grill down before trying some of these tho. Lol I admittedly suck!

Quote Originally Posted by EllDee View Post
    Looks good! Sirloin your favorite steak? What's the best to you? I am a ribeye man, they just seem to be juicier and more flavorful, more fat I know. Anyone disagree let me know!
    YES, sirloin is my favorite cut over any other cut of beef. I love the beefy, lean, but still just enough fat for flavor taste of them. If cooked right, they can be as tender as a ribeye. I love making rib roast, which is where the rib eyes come from, but I just don't like the 'richness' of a ribeye. We'll have them occasionally, I'll eat about half of mine, but never eat only half of a sirloin! My wife on the other hand, but a piece of 'beef' in front of her and she's happy.
    Larry
    ------

We have had some good sirloin too. As long as it is not overcooked I like.
    My Mom only wants T-bones because she likes their texture.
    I take the ribeye if there is a choice.
    I hope to grill some chicken out. It is really windy here today.
    Dave used to do ALL the grilling and if he is not out there to supervise I a hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    We have had some good sirloin too. As long as it is not overcooked I like.
    My Mom only wants T-bones because she likes their texture.
    I take the ribeye if there is a choice.
    I hope to grill some chicken out. It is really windy here today.
    Dave used to do ALL the grilling and if he is not out there to supervise I a hopeless.
    Take a chance on your own, YOU know you can do it!!!! I like the tenderloin of the porterhouse, but the NY Strip portion is honestly at the bottom of my list of steaks. Something to do with the texture to me, almost gritty......
    Larry
    ------