Thread: Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard v10 BB With Headset $29.99

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard v10 BB With Headset $29.99

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard v10 BB With Headset $29.99

Here's the link...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...0-_-tigeremail
    ^^(A)^^

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up !! Just ordered mine, been wanting to get it for years.

Don't want to rain on your parade Captain but you have just ordered Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 standard which is considered to be less than adequate by anybody in the know of speech recognition. It is often referred to in the Knowbrainer forums as nothing more than a starter program. Not only that the headset that comes with standard is considered to be far less than adequate and in fact the headset that comes with the professional version is considered to be only just adequate. This is not my opinion as I do not have this headset that comes with the standard version but I have read it time and time again on the number-one speech recognition forum, Knowbrainer.

If you wish to run this on a 64-bit operating system you will immediately have to download the 10.1 upgrade which is what you should do even if you are operating it on a 32-bit operating system because it includes many updates and fixes and it works on both operating systems.

Lastly Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 has just been released and from what I have initially read it contains substantial improvements.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I thought I better qualify my previous statements considering it is only $30 that you have spent, God I've wasted much more than that on a shitty meal at the pub so there is obviously no substantial loss even though you may have been better experimenting with voice recognition by using WSR (Windows speech recognition) which comes free with Vista and Windows 7.
    Last edited by takenaback; 08-31-2010 at 03:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yepper, the 30 bucks was the reason I got it. Beem looking at 11 since Amazon had it....I'll never drop that dime, I know me, soooo I jumped on this. As we type, it sits beneath my monitor, uninstalled. Heck, this is the first day I've had the chance to yak on cc, let alone install software. I 'liberated' myself from the computer for the summer so I get more outside time. Maybe in a few days. I'll let ya know what I think then.