Thread: Beauty Secrets from The Ladies...

Beauty Secrets from The Ladies...

I'm just wondering if any quadraplegics have any ideas on how to adapt hair tools for use by a C6 who is looking for ways to use a hair dryer, straightener...even just work a bottle of hairspray. Any advice would be really helpful!

Thanks so much!
    Delynne

ummm......moved to where?

to the mobile women forum

lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

hair article

i completely understand your difficulty. i'm a c5/6 and go through the same thing. i find it easiest to get a good cut that doesn't need a lot of maintenance. also, there are stands for blow dryers. my girlfriend actually uses one meant for dog groomers! i haven't tried it but she said it works well bc it sits on the counter.
    also, i wrote an article a long time ago on my site www.mobileWOMEN.org. see http://www.mobilewomen.org/2009/05/l...llow.html#more ( not just about styling though)
    i find products in a pump work best for me. i sit them on the counter then use my chin to press down and squirt on the back of my hand. then i use a brush that's been modified with a strap on the handle.
    i wouldn't attempt irons! good luck!