Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum, kinda new to sci

New to the forum, kinda new to sci

Hello Everyone,

Just joined the forum, I have been reading for about a week. I got into a motorcycle accident October 4th, 2009. Classified as a T3 Asia B. Regained a little movement in my legs, glute, and abs since then. As I talk more to some of the Local para's at the VA, I realize that I have been blessed with a few more extra abilities than most. I just try to pray and work on getting as much back as I can. It's been a lot of helpful info on here that I will be using too. I already contacted some of the agencies I found on here like SCI-step. I will keep posting progress and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions too.

Welcome EllDee. That is great that you have some movement. Keep trying to strengthen what works. This is a great site with helpful and knowledgeable people.

Hi EllDee, This is a great place for info. I use the often search feature.

Welcome! (still feels weird to say that)

Welcome! Was Dr. Ho your doctor at Cleveland?

You may want to join our Veteran's forum as well.

(KLD)

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    what is Asia B? my nuero just said i was a t-11 incomplete. I've seen other posts with the asia thing and was wondering what that is?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by EllDee View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Just joined the forum, I have been reading for about a week. I got into a motorcycle accident October 4th, 2009. Classified as a T3 Asia B. Regained a little movement in my legs, glute, and abs since then. As I talk more to some of the Local para's at the VA, I realize that I have been blessed with a few more extra abilities than most. I just try to pray and work on getting as much back as I can. It's been a lot of helpful info on here that I will be using too. I already contacted some of the agencies I found on here like SCI-step. I will keep posting progress and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions too.
    I went to the SCI-Step trial week, they work you hard. Good thing about those places is that people want to be there to get better, unlike hospital rehab. unfortunately it is too far for me to go regularly because of other obligations that are more important, my kids. the movement based therapies definitely will show improvements in how you feel. I would definitely try their trial period if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    what is Asia B? my nuero just said i was a t-11 incomplete. I've seen other posts with the asia thing and was wondering what that is?
    ASIA B is incomplete for sensation, which must include the are immediately around the anus. You can read more about the ASIA classification system (which your neurologist should have been using) here:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/index.php?pag...nalLevels.html

(KLD)

ASIA=American Spinal Injury Association impairment scale. It goes from A-E, A being complete. B-E incomplete with E meaning normal function and strength below injury level. Everything else falls in-between. Google for more info.

Yeah I plan on going to sci-step, it's about an hour from me.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    ASIA B is incomplete for sensation, which must include the are immediately around the anus. You can read more about the ASIA classification system (which your neurologist should have been using) here:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/index.php?pag...nalLevels.html

(KLD)
    Yeah that link explains it. I didn't know how to add it.