Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cover Letter for Para

Cover Letter for Para

Could someone post there cover letter that says they have a disbility? Would be a huge help thanks,

For what purpose?? Why do you need one??

(KLD)

just google up a cover letter.
    use that as a template

a cover letter is to target a certain employer. every cover letter will be differnt. just add at the beginning that you are a w/c user but remember to put that you are capable and independent. No health issues.. so forth. dont put doubt in their mind
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Why would you put that on a cover letter?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I'd never mention that in a cover letter. The purpose of the cover letter is to get you an interview. You can answer any questions they have at that time. Just my 2 cents.

I would agree, no need to put disability in cover letter.

I tried an experiment with employers and recruiters. I had a few employers call on my resume and immediately after revealing the wheels poof; they disappeared faster then smoke in front of a fan. The recruiters are even quicker on the disappearing act, what kills me is the recruiters keep talking to you as if you had a real chance for the job setting up the following phone calls and requests for more info. I know that they did not get hurt or were not sick cause I called back with a different name and number and poof they reappeared. My suggestion is DO NOT reveal the wheels until the face-to-face interview. Take it from someone who has been through it. What is sickening is I would have been very good at the job .Don’t ever let that EOE fool you. They are more prejudice the KKK.
    Hate to be barer of bad news but truth is truth and sometimes it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by ardywheels View Post
    I tried an experiment with employers and recruiters. I had a few employers call on my resume and immediately after revealing the wheels poof; they disappeared faster then smoke in front of a fan. The recruiters are even quicker on the disappearing act, what kills me is the recruiters keep talking to you as if you had a real chance for the job setting up the following phone calls and requests for more info. I know that they did not get hurt or were not sick cause I called back with a different name and number and poof they reappeared. My suggestion is DO NOT reveal the wheels until the face-to-face interview. Take it from someone who has been through it. What is sickening is I would have been very good at the job .Don’t ever let that EOE fool you. They are more prejudice the KKK.
    Hate to be barer of bad news but truth is truth and sometimes it hurts.
    Agree 100%.

My .02 is get the interview first & it's apparrent when you show. It doesn't belong in your cover letter or app. You'll discuss accomodations if you get the job. You'll most likely never get the interview if brought up now.

I've always disclosed my ability in my cover letter... you just need to sell yourself a lot. I believe this way you will eliminate the employers who are closed minded to hiring us. This also means you'll need to send out more applications. of course, everyone does it differently... find what you are comfortable with.

Good luck!
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."