Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2 arrived tonight

I gotta say that even though I feel like I'm bitching and whining a lot, the chair thus far is great, even with out the seat cushion and seat back I was expecting to have. I've tweaked what little there is to tweak on it(COG, footrest height) and it's great. Great ride and feel and surprising more stable then my longer wider ZRA.

Today I was in the kitchen loading the dish washer, I was sitting out on the very edge of the seat leaning forward as far as I could, normally in the ZRA when sitting out on the edge and leaning forward I would have to be sure the caster are forward to keep from doing tipping forward. When I realized that I hadn't adjusted the casters I checked em out and they were still backwards from rolling forward, yet I wasn't tipping, so very stable chair.

Color rocks, already had two people ask me about it and I've not been out and about much yet. Flex Rims are taking a bit to get used to as there really is not need to grab the tire/rim now, but they feel great.

The solid seat pan has a small bar and gadget under it to help support it from the cross bar, I'm assuming the older ones that Stephen had that sagged didn't have that there.
    Most everything I say is

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    again, that is a cool color. i'd love to have a cool paint job on my chair, but it'd be all scratched up.
    i find it funny that Tilite guy responds all the time, but i have never seen any quickie/sunrise medical people respond to the complaints about their dumpy/tippy chairs

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Don't know if this is TiLite's G10 solid-seat material or not . . .

"G10:
    An extremely durable makeup of layers of fiberglass soaked in resin, then highly compressed and baked. Impervious to moisture or liquid and physically stable under climate change. Most commonly black, but is available in various colors, too."

(source: http://www.benchmade.com/about_knives/materials.asp)
    Sounds like marketing garbage. One 8th inch T6 aluminum does the same thing at a fraction of the cost. I doubt there's the metal shop in America that wouldn't just cut one for you if you asked.

While you are waiting to get the Corbac issue resolved, if you have an old soldering iron and some canopy tarp ties, you could contemplate doing the following modifcation to your Velcro adjustable upholstery (at your own risk, of course, since any unauthorized modification can result in damage to your chair, serious injury, or even death).

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=86821

Three years later, and it still working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    I am of course waiting to see what's up with the seat back, but after getting off the phone with him I called Ti with my serial number to ask about it and maybe get it sent directly to me. Initially i was told that it wasn't on the order form so that is why I didn't get it and to contact my DME back. Then after me saying it was on the copy of the order form I had, she said to hold on and she'd see what else she could find out about it. So after a few minutes she comes back and says that the initial form seemed to have the back selected but then marked out. So they emailed the DME to ask about it and received a email back saying to leave it off and just use the velcro back and this was back at the end of June. As you can imagine, after hearing that I got very hot.

BTW Tilite guy, is there a way I can get a copy of the order form that you guys received for my order? I would like to be sure that the titanium axles(anyway to tell these are really titanium) and bar for the folding back were included as well as look over the entire thing since it's not the one that I filled out.

EDIT: Was typing this as Tilite responded....sending message with serial
    Texas,

I am looking at your order form right now...what you were told earlier is correct...the original order form does not have your Corbac or Varilite selected. I'll see if I can get you a copy...

As for your Titanium Axles...you can use a magnet to tell if they're stainless or Ti. OR since you like to weigh things...the PAIR of stainless are .51 lbs, the PAIR of Ti are 0.22 lbs lighter at 0.29 lbs.

Regards.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Texas,
    As for your Titanium Axles... OR since you like to weigh things...the PAIR of stainless are .51 lbs, the PAIR of Ti are 0.22 lbs lighter at 0.29 lbs.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    The solid seat pan has a small bar and gadget under it to help support it from the cross bar, I'm assuming the older ones that Stephen had that sagged didn't have that there.
    No, the frame on my chair has nothing special to support the seat pan.

The TiLite/ADI prototypes built to have ADI carbon fiber seat pans have two cross tubes (instead of the customary singular curved cross tube) that run flush directly beneath the pan. Aftermarket ADI carbon fiber seat tubes are sold with an aluminum strut that spans the width of the chair beneath the pan for support.

I haven't experienced the need for any additional support. Lasher chairs with Dragon Plate cf pans also have no additional support.
    Last edited by stephen212; 08-16-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Very informative pics, Stephen. Thanks.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

I haven't experienced the need for any additional support. Lasher chairs with Dragon Plate cf pans also have no additional support.

The support is only necessary if the solid seat pan is not strong enough, but also having the support you could go for a thinner seat pan.

TW, how do you like the Flexrims?
    I ordered them also.