Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2 arrived tonight

I LOVE the color! Great looking chair.

Color is great, really liking it, looks better in the sun and with the guards off, although one of our employee's told me it looked burnt orange to her(she knows I hate the longhorns)...

Pulled off my old Spinergy Spox with some Kenda k184 tires on it, full tread as they are less then a month old. One weighed 4.03 and the other 4.22... Put em back on old chair and jumped it to pull off new Spinergy LX with the marathons and flex rims as well as titanium axles: 4.23 lbs each. Guess the marathons and and flex rims do add some weight, hopefully these flex rims do what they say they are supposed to do.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Color is great, really liking it, looks better in the sun and with the guards off, although one of our employee's told me it looked burnt orange to her(she knows I hate the longhorns)...

Pulled off my old Spinergy Spox with some Kenda k184 tires on it, full tread as they are less then a month old. One weighed 4.03 and the other 4.22... Put em back on old chair and jumped it to pull off new Spinergy LX with the marathons and flex rims as well as titanium axles: 4.23 lbs each. Guess the marathons and and flex rims do add some weight, hopefully these flex rims do what they say they are supposed to do.
    Did you weigh them with axles in or out?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Great Chair!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Did you weigh them with axles in or out?
    Both weighed with axles in as that's the rolling weight, no way for me to roll around without em. New ones have titanium, old ones don't.
    Most everything I say is

Awesome unit.

I like the color too.

The solid seat pan makes my posture so much better too, but definitely changes the pressure put on the cushion when sitting. Make sure you watch your skin.

So Stephen...you can order a carbon fiber seat pan and put it on any wc? My Kuschall sags bad and there isn't even any sling under the back few inches where I sit. No idea why Kuschall places the seat sling so far forward and not entirely under you.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I like the color too.

The solid seat pan makes my posture so much better too, but definitely changes the pressure put on the cushion when sitting. Make sure you watch your skin.

So Stephen...you can order a carbon fiber seat pan and put it on any wc? My Kuschall sags bad and there isn't even any sling under the back few inches where I sit. No idea why Kuschall places the seat sling so far forward and not entirely under you.

Sure, you can put a CF pan on any chair.

For my ZR, I had the TiLite CAD drawing of the original aluminum pan, which I forwarded to Dragon Plate to fabricate the cf replacement to the precise dimensions, including mounting holes.

For my Halls chair, I ordered a stock piece and had my local bike shop cut it to size and drill the mounting holes.

For both pans, I got edge trim from ADI, which they were kind enough to send me at no charge.

Great looking ride Texas.

I'm save our fellow CC member "TiLite" the trouble of replying to your COG concern when they read this thread on Monday. Looking at your pic, it looks like your COG is probably set accurately. If the button of your quick release axle is aligned with the middle of the vertical segment of tubing connecting the camber bracket to the frame, then your bracket is set at the spec'd COG.

Here's fuente's CAD to show the spec...

You'll notice the the center of the camber tube is in line with the middle of the camber tube "stalk".

Here's the same landmarks on your very cool looking chair...

If that distance isn't 4.0", then you may have an issue. Otherwise, the axle button looks to be aligned with the middle of the stalk.

Here's a diagram from the ZR/ZRA S2 owners supplement. I believe this shows the camber clamp mounting location for the COG that has been spec'd. Note that the holes in the camber clamp don't correspond to the holes tapped in the frame (the first hole in the clamp is in front of the all the holes in the frame)...

It looks like there is only one forward adjustment before you have to flip the camber clamp. On the ZR Series 1, inverting the bracket put the smoother curved part of the clamp at the rear. I ordered mine at 3.0 and inverted it to get 3.5...

Even though I was off by 1/2" with my COG spec when I ordered my chair, I was rewarded for my mistake by having a camber tube clamp which looks to be mounted "perfectly" to the untrained eye (the holes line up), and does not do as much damage to my car seat (smoother portion of the clamp at the rear).

Actually, I purposely spec'd out a couple of veteran's chairs 1/2" less than optimal knowing I would invert the clamp after delivery.

Which brings me to my own question for "TiLite" about the ZR S2...

Does that new bumper do any good if one flips the camber tube clamp around to move their axle forward?
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 08-14-2010 at 11:00 PM.

duplicate post