Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2 arrived tonight

Texas, I've noticed you are using Marathons tires.
    Invert the wheels to use the tires in the correct line up

the "arrows" drawn in the tires must be pointed to front.

Very nice chair, chriz is right, your wheels are in the wrong way, change them.

Why you`ve got that stuff in the front?

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Very nice chair, chriz is right, your wheels are in the wrong way, change them.

Why you`ve got that stuff in the front?
    All the stuff that came on it that I hadn't taken off yet when I took the picture. Brakes, luggage carriers..etc.

Got stuff removed, but my battery on the camera died. Gotta wait till I get home and charge it to take pictures again of what it looks like for my use and not DME ordering.
    Most everything I say is

I love the color. About as close to a copper metallic as they offer, would you agree?

Interesting that the seat pan has five mounting screw attachments on each side. My ZR has only 3/side, which is more than sufficient.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    cool color, what are the handle things in the front for? i could use those floor transfers, my arms need to be about an inch longer.

RE: Interesting that the seat pan has five mounting screw attachments on each side. My ZR has only 3/side, which is more than sufficient.
    My ZR has 5 in the pan also.
    Last edited by jschism; 08-14-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    what are the handle things in the front for? i could use those floor transfers, my arms need to be about an inch longer.

the tilite guy on the other post stated the zra was lighter, so are they saying the welds weigh more than all the adjustable aluminum brackets?
    Those are Luggage Carriers.

I think you have something mixed up on the weights. What's the link you refer to?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Those are Luggage Carriers.

I think you have something mixed up on the weights. What's the link you refer to?
    yes, i was reading it wrong. it's amazing how adding little things to a chair increases weight, i know when i stripped everything but the brakes off my quickie ti when i was first injured, i had about 12lbs. of useless crap the DME said i would need. AB people don't understand when you're hanging out the side of the car picking it up how noticeable the difference is. All i gotta say is, hats off to the peeps who had to deal with the older chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I love the color. About as close to a copper metallic as they offer, would you agree?

Interesting that the seat pan has five mounting screw attachments on each side. My ZR has only 3/side, which is more than sufficient.
    Yea, it's pretty close to a copper metallic, rust color. Haven't even looked at the mounting screws, yours is how deep with 3 per side?

Going the way of Toto and using the scales my wife uses for cooking, which means they are dead on as a half oz off can ruin a dish, the brakes that were on it are both exactly .51 lb, so with both gone I've lost 1.02 lb. the big ass net carry all that was hanging under it when I got it is also .51. The two guards on each down tube are only .07, so .15 for the both of em, lighter then I thought since they both have zippers on em. Trying to decide to leave em on to protect the paint or not, of course if they are on and protecting it then no one see's the color, so I'm then keeping it pretty for what?

Back pack that it came with seems to be quite usefull, has multiple pockets and fits on the back perfectly. Completely empty it weighs in at .81 lb. While emptying it I did find some small tools, however neither have a allen wrench on it.

I'll keep weighing stuff as I have time to pull it off between customers. Sorta of hard to jump up and run to the front if your chair isn't functioning.
    Most everything I say is

nice ride, great color
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

My seat pan is 16" deep. The front-most screw on mine seems positioned closer to the front than the one on yours. Go figure. At any rate, my seat pan is very securely attached with only the 6 screws; can't imagine a 1" difference in depth really making a difference.

When I originally ordered my ZR in 2005, TiLite offered the option of welding my seat pan to the frame, which I declined. Good thing too, because their aluminum seat pan didn't hold up very well: it began to sag! The carbon fiber replacement from Dragon Plate is much stiffer and lighter weight too.