Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2 arrived tonight

New ZR2 arrived tonight

Sorry no pictures just yet as it got delivered after I'd left the shop and our camera is up there. Good fit, although I wish I'd maybe gotten .5 - 1 inch lower RSH. Was hard to tell exactly where I wanted it as the seat sling in the ZRA I was using was sagging so bad and wouldn't stay up that now having a solid seat pan it changed the set up a ton, but still very usable and a much better posture then the sagging sling.

So along with getting used to the different dump from having a solid seat pan, I also gotta get used to it being 1 inch shorter and narrower going from 18x18 to 17x17 as well as going from 80 degree front end to 85. All together it adds up for a different feel that will take a few days to get used to, but not a bad thing.

Couple of things I'm not completely happy with, some from Ti, some from my DME. First off the different sizes of the damn screws/bolts...etc. holding things on. There were some accessories that I don't need on there every day and won't be using all the time so I had planned to take them off. First off is the luggage carriers. Went to take them off and my set of allen wrench's don't fit for them, however they fit everything else on the chair but this one thing. So some of them use SAE sizing while others metric sizes. Why?

I ordered it with 4 inch COG, knowing that I'd have a total of a inch play. I figured that would mean the 4 inch would be right in the middle and I'd have a half inch forward or backward to move my COG. Nope. It's moved all the way up to the last slot. So if wanted to go to 4.25 or 4.5 I wouldn't be able to, I can only move it to less then 4 inches. While it isn't a huge thing as 4 inch's seems to be just right and I don't see myself moving it either way. It just doesn't make sense to me to not put the measurement ordered in the middle of the small adjustment you can go.

Next is my back. Ordered it with a Corbac Ride Design, I went and found my copy of the order form printed off of the TiLite site and used for the order, it was selected. The order ticket shows it to be on there, but it doesn't have one. This I assume should have been put on at TiLite or at least shipped with it? So I blame them, however I also put the blame on my DME as they should have noticed that it wasn't there and informed me they had to get one to replace the stock velcro back it came with.

Next issue was with the DME, I ordered it with D-Locks. It's written in on the orginal order form, I assume that it doesn't come from TiLite that way because it's not on their order form as a option. It didn't have any type of brake selected nor on the order ticket, but it has crappy ass scissor locks that I've already removed(yes my allen wrench set worked for it). Called my DME guy right away to let him know, of course since it's Friday night he can't do anything until Monday morning when he gets to the office.

Another issue with the DME. I ordered with a supracor slimline cushion. Their standard sizes don't include 17 inch, but they do sell em, just takes longer. They had called me Tuesday to let me know they had my chair and it would be delivered later Tues or on Wed. Well they never delivered it, so I called yesterday afternoon and found out they hadn't delivered it because they didn't have my cushion, instead of ordering it at the time they ordered my chair they waited until last week when my chair was shipped. Then of course they found out that they can't get a 17 inch shipped out right away, but instead takes a bit longer. So they knew this on Tuesday, but the office girls and the delivery guys weren't thinking along the same lines. The office girls had figured out I would already have a cushion I could use since I'm in a chair and gave the guys the papers to deliver it, while the delivery guys thought they had to wait until next week for my cushion to come in before they delivered so it sit there from Tuesday until today, when ever after talking to the owner yesterday and being told it would be delivered this morning the delivery guys still didn't load it up this morning. Took another call this afternoon to get em to bring it over so late.

All in all I'm happy with the chair, just a couple of things that are a pain in the ass that shouldn't be with something that cost this much.

Cost shown on the delivery ticket $5990
    Most everything I say is

Congrats on the arrival. Sorry 'bout the issues. Thanks for the heads up on adjustment ranges. I will watch for that on my CAD drawing when it arrives.

I look forward to seeing pics.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Re the COG adjustment: I think the camber clamps can be reversed 180 degrees to give you the adjustability you want. SCI_OTR will likely chime in about this.

And Fuente, I'm sure, will chime in about what a bunch of schmucks your DME is for their fuck-ups.

The oversight re your backrest is kind of inexcusable. Not to beat up too much on TiLite QC, but the camber tube I recently ordered arrived in the wrong size and had to be returned. A replacement back post I ordered a while back was welded to the wrong spec and became garbage -- a new one had to be fabricated. And that's not mentioning mistakes made when I originally ordered the chair. These mistakes should be rare occurrences, but apparently they're not.

You'll get it all sorted out eventually, but "eventually" is an unnecessary pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Sorry no pictures just yet as it got delivered after I'd left the shop and our camera is up there. Good fit, although I wish I'd maybe gotten .5 - 1 inch lower RSH. Was hard to tell exactly where I wanted it as the seat sling in the ZRA I was using was sagging so bad and wouldn't stay up that now having a solid seat pan it changed the set up a ton, but still very usable and a much better posture then the sagging sling.
    that's something that I realized too, with a solid seat pan you can go for a lower chair.

Waiting your pics and i hope everything get solve.

Did you get charged for the scissor locks?

It reiterates how hard it is to order a chair with near zero adjustments, especially if even one thing changes from a previous chair. I'd like a solid seat pan on my next chair but know I would have to order different seat to floor heights, but as you say, 0.5" or 1".

DME just don't seem to get how much we are anticipating new chairs, so a week here or there to them seems as nothing. Not only getting the chair ASAP is important to us, but it helps work any issues out sooner such as in this case.

Some of the TiLite QC issues being reported is a bit disturbing.

I am surprised they have a metric bolt on the chair. Are you sure you aren't missing a particular size Allen wrench? I know when I was looking to purchase some new Allen wrenches, the amount of wrenches varied. When my brother was working on my chair he used both metric and SAE wrenches, wrongly, as the metric was so close to one of the sizes on the chair.

Congrat's on the new chair, looking forward to pictures.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

inexcusable. chair delivered w/out d's. tilite fucked up on the back, did you call them.

the dme orders direct from d's. i hope you didnt sign anything upon delivery.

fucking dme piece of shit bastards. uneducated idiots, cant wipe their own ASSES
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    And Fuente, I'm sure, will chime in about what a bunch of schmucks your DME is for their fuck-ups.
    and u were right..
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    i had the same thing with COG, i also thought it would be made in the middle. my seat to floor was also screwed up, and again Tilite made it to what dme spec. with not being able to make it a little shorter and dme ordered too long. the screws are a pain in the ass, some are torx and some allen, but mine came with the tools, plus i was a diesel mechanic so i have plenty of tools in my garage. However, other than small adjustments when i first got the chair, i haven't needed to tighten screws all the time like a quickie. the only screws that have come loose are the side guards and the front seat pan, locktite fixed both. everyone bitches bout the torx, but they do NOT strip as easy, the problem is people try to use allen in them and screw them up.

Picture of it before I start removing stuff, well i removed the backpack and catch all thing that goes under it that i doubt I'll ever use. It is the candy root beer color. So far I'm still adjusting although i did take it out the back door of the shop to go off the 3 big ass stairs we have out there just to make sure I could. Love the difference in size, much smaller turning radius and one certain spot that I could never negotiate very well in the because it was about a inch to small is now not a problem.

With all the crap on it there is no doubt that it is heavier then my ZRA that is a inch wider and deeper.
    Most everything I say is