Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its a cruel world

Its a cruel world

Hi. I just want to say somethings, you can comment if you want, or just read it..
    i was injured a year ago, and since then my life has become meaningless. All my life i was lonely. i never had many friends, and was not that popular with girls. And now, oh God, i am just crying. All my life i looked forward to getting older and get married and be in love. but now all that seem s long away. i dont even know why i live. Right now i sit alone in an empty house, so frustrated and angry, but what can i do. i just want this nightmare to end. i just wish i could wake up and this would all be a dream. oh God, why do you do this. i was never a bad person. how do i live with no soul. i feel empty. i feel week, lonely, ugly... i am ashamed. and i dont think it will get easier ... thank you if you read it.

(((Jakob))) This hug comes from a long way away. Talking about things helps.
    Yes, I am afraif sometimes it is a cruel world.
    I'll skip any inspirational talk. I do hope the days gets better though.

Hi, and welcome to the Care Cure Community! I'm afraid I'm not very good at saying inspirational things either, so just please know that I'm here for you if you ever feel like talking. You can send me a PM anytime. I have chronic severe back pain, so I have some ability to undestand what you're talking about.

--Sue

Jakob,

Most of us felt the same way at some time or another after our injuries.
    Things will get better as you discover your new path in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
    Hi. I just want to say somethings, you can comment if you want, or just read it..
    i was injured a year ago, and since then my life has become meaningless. All my life i was lonely. i never had many friends, and was not that popular with girls. And now, oh God, i am just crying. All my life i looked forward to getting older and get married and be in love. but now all that seem s long away. i dont even know why i live. Right now i sit alone in an empty house, so frustrated and angry, but what can i do. i just want this nightmare to end. i just wish i could wake up and this would all be a dream. oh God, why do you do this. i was never a bad person. how do i live with no soul. i feel empty. i feel week, lonely, ugly... i am ashamed. and i dont think it will get easier ... thank you if you read it.
    Jakob, first off, SCI, if that's your disability, is bad, no way around that.

But to make and keep friends, you must be a friend. That is, seek out your peers and be a friend. You'll soon have good friends who will be there when you need them most.

Do not equate popularity with friendship. Many people appear to be popular, but lack real friends. You could sit on a street corner and hand out money--you would be the most popular guy in town. But you would not have made any friends--especially when your money is gone.

You can suppress the nightmare as you call it, but it will take real effort on your part. But remember, SCI is not going to disappear as all of us on this site know full well.

Get out and be a friend and you will cultivate real friends and you life will be richer.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

SCI is a hard life, I can only wish/hope you can find some peace.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Jakob, it is getting better. Doesn't Spinalis have their camps anymore or the forum? Try to meet other people with SCI and see how they have survieved.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Hello Jacob I'm with you it is a cruel world but we can't change it just make the best of it. It may not get easier, you have to get tougher.
    First off there are no ugly Swedes! Be happy you didn't have a girlfriend, if you read this forum you'll see she would've left you anyway. Everybody in this forum wishes they'd wake up tomorrow and the nightmare would be over, guess what, the time may come.
    I don't see your age, or your level, but from your post assume you to be fairly young so in your lifetime there will be a cure. Be ready for it.
    You must SMILE more. Rollover to the mirror and practice smiling. If you smile enough you may even trick yourself into thinking you're happy. Smile at every body. Smilers have way more friends and girlfriends than frowners.
    I see that you may be going to P W. in Carlsbad California. I wish you luck with that.
    Cheers,
    Bob

thanks.. im 21.. incomplete..1 years post soon. little movement in legs... a lot of tone though. going to PW

It DOES get easier to cope, atleast it has to me.

Getting out is the best medicine. I hope you can!