Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roho High Profile

Roho High Profile

I was having pain and red marks in one of my wcs and cushions(nexus that has low profile air cells and wc w/ solid seat pan). Knew it was no good and pressure mapping confirmed this w/ big red mapping marks on the computer screen, esp the right side which is the side that feels sore.

After trying a few things I mapped perfect on the high profile. Everywhere showed blue! So I need to buy one asap...like tomorrow. On sportaid I see several different high profile rohos. What is the difference?

Think I tried just a single compartment one...we only pumped it one place. But should I be getting one w/ two compartments since I do have obliquity which is why the right side has more pressure. (this could help correct the obliquity maybe???)

http://www.sportaid.com/cushions-and-backs/roho/

TIA
    Last edited by november; 08-11-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: add link
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I think the best bet in a high roho is the 4 chamber quattro. I have used one to help with an obliquity with good success. 4 chambers allow more front back and side to side stability than 2 or 1, also. Good luck!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

the best option is the roho quadtro select, divided in 4 air compartments where is possible to get more stability when you are sitted.

if your mapping is good using a single compartment, with a quadtro select would be better.

take a look on this page, there is a animation to demonstrate how it works: http://www.therohogroup.com/products...ct_cushion.jsp

Thank you soooooooooo much. I'm checking this out now and will be back w/ any questions.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Is it easy to inflate and how does it work? It locks the air in each of the 4 cells when you close the single valve?

Have ppl had many leaks? Is there a lot of maintenance? I rarely had to fill my Roho Nexus.

ROHO Quadtro cushions are easy to inflate, a small hand pump usually follows each cushion, and there is only one valve to connect to. When inflated you lock the flow-valve and it’s ready (all the four compartments are then locked). One should be careful with these cushions to have enough air inside so you don’t bottom-out, likewise one should be careful to not over inflate the cushions as well, as over inflating also isn’t good. You’d see this when/if pressure mapping on a cushion like this. I have several Quadtro low profiles and what I do when inflating the cushions is to put the cushion on a flat surface (I.e. a table) and then let the cushion simply inflate by the outside atmospheric pressure, and then inflate just a couple of pushes with the pump. So I don’t use much air inside you see. I also lock the compartment valve before I am seated on it. There are also good instructions that follows the cushions. I have very seldom any leaks, and I travel a lot with quite a lot of stress on the cushions, but they seams to do fine. And if a puncture occurs one can fix it with kits that follows the cushions or simply use bicycle inner tube repair kits. Maintenance is minimal, wash cushion in shower every now and then and throw cushion cower in the washing machine when required. A tip; it is a good idea to have several cushions and cushion cowers, then you can use the others when the others are drying after cleaning. They are also good to put in the car seat when driving, likewise to sit on when flying. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Is it easy to inflate and how does it work? It locks the air in each of the 4 cells when you close the single valve?

Have ppl had many leaks? Is there a lot of maintenance? I rarely had to fill my Roho Nexus.
    I've been using the same 2 roho quadtro cushions for going on 4 years now with no issues.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

It is easy to fill, just remember to have the green button on the valve pushed in, otherwise you will only be adding air to 1 quadrant(the front left one) if the red lock button is pushed.

Yes, the one lock button locks all 4 quadrants.

Only had one leak and it was under warranty so they sent me a brand new one. I have 3, one on manual, power chairs and one medium 3" high one in my motorhome seat.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post

It inflates the same as a single compartment ROHO.

When you ask about leaks, are you asking about the valve that controls the Quattro? If so, it is a non-issue.

You have to have the valve open to fill the whole cushion with air, otherwise just the front would fill. Once you have air in it, lock the valve, get situated how you want to sit on the cushion and then open the valve for a minute so the cushion conforms to you, then re-lock the valve.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Once you have air in it, lock the valve, get situated how you want to sit on the cushion and then open the valve for a minute so the cushion conforms to you, then re-lock the valve.
    Hi Brianm,
    Right, I guess the way you describes the inflating/locking procedure is the ‘standard’ one and what you describes is the flow valve (red-green). You don’t have any problems with that? Like if you often changes positions back and forward, like from more upright to more laidback, causing the preset air distribution to the different compartments not to fit when you changes position out of the preset area, like a bit more forward? Due to this I have found that for me I like to lock the flow valve before I get seated on it, with equal amounts of air distributed to each of the compartments first. I guess we all have different preferables, but I was just wondering. Thanks.