Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Any dealers for Oracing in USA, Canada, Australia ...

  1. #1

    Any dealers for Oracing in USA, Canada, Australia ...

    Hi guys.

    I was speaking with Oracing today, I have sold a few chairs, but nothing serious.
    Now in September they are going to move to a new factory with new machines for can produce faster, want to expand their market, now have dealers in Brazil, Germany and England.
    I was also told that if I want to work with them, but I have to think it about, because i want to go to college in September and I can`t do both things.

    He knows that I frequent a lot this forum and I know some people here, so he told me that if i`m not worry to ask here if anyone is interested in becoming an Oracing dealer, but someone who is a professional who cares about the customer not only to make money.
    With the new way of working will be more competitive and prices will go down a bit.

    Maybe you don`t want or can`t but if you know some dealer that could be just tell it to me.

    They do everything: handbikes, racer chairs, rugby, tennis, basket, box frames, L frames.

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

    It's also great that Oracing appears eager to include user's suggestions in the design of their chairs. I don't expect that you'll see one anytime soon in the US, though I'd certainly consider buying one someday if the hurdles weren't overly onerous.
    ?
    Maybe you will see it.

  2. #2
    Don't know if we have any dealers on here or not. In the states most chair companies have a representative for their products in different area's. The rep's then visit the dealers with demo's and information about how good the products are of the manufacturer. Depending on the are and the size of that are and population the # of reps vary. I know in Texas there are several TiLite reps because it such a big state with so many people. But then I with how low the population is in Okla/New Mexico I think 1 person could cover both. Hell until they got a name out there and started picking up business they could probably get one to cover Okla/NM and Texas...

    I think the one thing that Marvel didn't do is go with reps, instead they just found dealers. such as in Texas where there was only one dealer with multiple locations across the state that sold had the Marvel. But they didn't get out and about anywhere to show of the product, they didn't try to sell it, they didn't push it at all, because they got paid the same whether they sold a Marvel or not. A rep however would of course expect to receive some sort of compensation and probably a % of each sell. A good rep can make a big difference in what chairs people buy and use in their area.

    So with that said, if they would like to consider going with a rep and supply me with a chair to use and a few demo's of different sizes, I would be more then happy to drive around the 3 state area visiting dealers, rehabs, events and such trying to push their chair.
    Most everything I say is

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    I think the one thing that Marvel didn't do is go with reps, instead they just found dealers. such as in Texas where there was only one dealer with multiple locations across the state that sold had the Marvel. But they didn't get out and about anywhere to show of the product, they didn't try to sell it, they didn't push it at all, because they got paid the same whether they sold a Marvel or not. A rep however would of course expect to receive some sort of compensation and probably a % of each sell. A good rep can make a big difference in what chairs people buy and use in their area.
    Actually they did. I was a rep (albeit one of a handful during their 1st year). My region (originally just 2 counties in NC) is rather sparse for customers, but I ended up serving as a contact for the SE US & beyond. I had LOTS of direct correspondence with those interested.

    Dealers make a considerable amount per sale, as they do with most manufacturers. Reps, not nearly as much, but if the model functioned correctly (which it really didn't, but again it was yr 1), volume would offset lower commissions. I was privy to those numbers. There is solid incentive for dealers to push it.

  4. #4
    Ah, well glad to hear they had some, just never could find any info on one in my area, which is a rather large area with a ton of chair users. The one dealer that had a demo didn't know anything about it, it had flats, they couldn't find the transfer handles and didn't know to change anything on it.... I was surprised when I ran across a guy in one here in DFW, only one I've seen a person in.

    Hell I know the Ti rep personally as well as his daughter, that's how much they are out and about being seen and pushing Ti chairs.
    Most everything I say is

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Don't know if we have any dealers on here or not. In the states most chair companies have a representative for their products in different area's. The rep's then visit the dealers with demo's and information about how good the products are of the manufacturer. Depending on the are and the size of that are and population the # of reps vary. I know in Texas there are several TiLite reps because it such a big state with so many people. But then I with how low the population is in Okla/New Mexico I think 1 person could cover both. Hell until they got a name out there and started picking up business they could probably get one to cover Okla/NM and Texas...

    .
    Well, i don`t know how you work in US, dealers, representative ... a guy who want to work with them.

  6. #6
    toto, just a question, which get me confused.

    is the GTM somehow connected to oracing?
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

    Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    toto, just a question, which get me confused.

    is the GTM somehow connected to oracing?

    Oracing is made in Spain by Ortoracing, but they are the official distribuitors of GTM and RGK in Spain.
    GTM are Poland chairs and RGK are England.

  8. #8
    can u get a Oracing chair like yours in the states?
    Never Give in..Never Give up

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelinhorseman View Post
    can u get a Oracing chair like yours in the states?
    Yes, if you pay it from your pocket and you import from Spain.

  10. #10
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelinhorseman View Post
    can u get a Oracing chair like yours in the states?
    You may find the CBP and FDA less than cooperative once customs inspects the package and finds a medical device. Make sure ORacing has their "exporting medical devices to the US" ducks in a row, first! They need to have regulatory (FDA) approval for each model, just like domestic builders do.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Similar Threads

  1. My new ultralight wheelchair: Oracing F2V
    By totoL1 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 06:08 PM
  2. Oracing wheelchairs
    By totoL1 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 04:46 PM
  3. Houston dealers?
    By rahwheels in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. dealers in Harrisburg
    By cubsfandc in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •