Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bracelets to raise funds for SCINetUSA's clinical trials

Thanks so much!

Solan, did you get my email about the bracelets?

I had been reading an article on how some families celebrate the upcoming holidays when it comes to gifts.
    Instead of worrying what size to get for that someone who has everything, some families and friends instead donate to a fund that supports a worthy cause.
    I was thinking of the bracelets.
    Since this thread started there have been a lot of new names popping up that might want to take a look.

Thanks Linda, I've been hoping that some people might want to order bracelets as stocking stuffers or to give out at family/ work get-togethers, but response has been kind of minimal.

With all the threads about religion popping up I was also kind of hoping that someone would step up and try to get their church/ place of worship involved, but no such luck there either.

All this talk of getting off our butts (metaphorically - for now) and doing something for ourselves toward a cure - where is everyone?

SCI Bracelets

My family went to Taiwan with Dr. Wise Young. We attended the Pan Pacific Symposium on Stem Cell Regeneration and The International Conference of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine for Neurodegenerative Diseases. This was clearly an unbelievable experience.

As you know, Dr. Young is doing his clinical trials in Hong Kong because research for anything associated with Stem Cells is not readily funded in the USA. Dr. Young is bringing the clinical trials to the USA in 2011. Hopefully, all will go as planned.

Let it be said that he needs funding. So.....in my small way.....

I make my monthly donation for the bracelets. I then pass them out free with the postcard at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, RIC gym, Northwestern Hospital and now I am starting with Rush Hospital in Chicago. I call the hospital and locate the SCI section and mail or bring in the bracelets to a contact person and I resupply.

When I meet people with SCI, I give them bracelets and the card and tell them the story behind them. Many of them haven't even heard of Wise Young or Carecure. They are delighted that someone is doing something. One comment I got from a man that has been in a chair for 15 years (and works for RIC) was that he would not be taking the bracelet off until he walks.....works for me!!!. We need to start talking about it and spreading the story and funding Dr. Young's efforts.

The response I have gotten has been amazing. People are very excited about it. Their eyes just light up. The Bracelets are providing HOPE. Initially, I don't ask them for money I just give them the bracelet. I'm trying to build awareness. I do remind them that if they would like to help or donate the information is on the card.

We need to do grass roots PR because we won't be getting money from the government anytime soon. So, it's up to us to start from the ground level. Hopefully it will take on a life of its own.

We need to do this for everyone that has been afflicted with SCI. They need to be heard. It is time to worked together.

I'm calling friends across the country asking them to purchase the bracelets en masse. Start getting them out ...be creative on how to get them out....just get them out.
    Last edited by djskipp'n; 11-08-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: additional paragragh

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Thanks Linda, I've been hoping that some people might want to order bracelets as stocking stuffers or to give out at family/ work get-togethers, but response has been kind of minimal.

With all the threads about religion popping up I was also kind of hoping that someone would step up and try to get their church/ place of worship involved, but no such luck there either.

All this talk of getting off our butts (metaphorically - for now) and doing something for ourselves toward a cure - where is everyone?
    Go Scaper1!

Thanks VQ.

Quote Originally Posted by djskipp'n View Post
    My family went to Taiwan with Dr. Wise Young. We attended the Pan Pacific Symposium on Stem Cell Regeneration and The International Conference of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine for Neurodegenerative Diseases. This was clearly an unbelievable experience.

As you know, Dr. Young is doing his clinical trials in Hong Kong because research for anything associated with Stem Cells is not readily funded in the USA. Dr. Young is bringing the clinical trials to the USA in 2011. Hopefully, all will go as planned.

Let it be said that he needs funding. So.....in my small way.....

I make my monthly donation for the bracelets. I then pass them out free with the postcard at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, RIC gym, Northwestern Hospital and now I am starting with Rush Hospital in Chicago. I call the hospital and locate the SCI section and mail or bring in the bracelets to a contact person and I resupply.

When I meet people with SCI, I give them bracelets and the card and tell them the story behind them. Many of them haven't even heard of Wise Young or Carecure. They are delighted that someone is doing something. One comment I got from a man that has been in a chair for 15 years (and works for RIC) was that he would not be taking the bracelet off until he walks.....works for me!!!. We need to start talking about it and spreading the story and funding Dr. Young's efforts.

The response I have gotten has been amazing. People are very excited about it. Their eyes just light up. The Bracelets are providing HOPE. Initially, I don't ask them for money I just give them the bracelet. I'm trying to build awareness. I do remind them that if they would like to help or donate the information is on the card.

We need to do grass roots PR because we won't be getting money from the government anytime soon. So, it's up to us to start from the ground level. Hopefully it will take on a life of its own.

We need to do this for everyone that has been afflicted with SCI. They need to be heard. It is time to worked together.

I'm calling friends across the country asking them to purchase the bracelets en masse. Start getting them out ...be creative on how to get them out....just get them out.
    Thanks so much for doing this, I already got a few emails.

Just ordered more. They look great! My oldest took mine and kids are asking about it. Going to use the rest for adult Christmas gifts! Thanks again for doing this. Great idea!!

I saw lots of these bracelets at the W2W conference.

Quote Originally Posted by gcblarsen View Post
    I saw lots of these bracelets at the W2W conference.
    We were hoping to give out a lot more there (a few hundred), but Sharon had a family emergency and couldn't make it. Luckily another member who attended had some with her to distribute.