Thread: Wal Mart Pharmacy

Wal Mart Pharmacy

Just curious if any one else has had problems with Wal Mart Pharmacy? In a strange set of events yesterday (which they tried to sweep underneath the proverbial carpet) I learned that I had been paying 80.00 for a RX that was really only 22.00 with tax. They said something like never mind...i said NO, wait a minute here, something is going on!

What is odd about the whole thing is when i called the first time before i ever got it filled i was quoted this 20.oo price. Since then i have been over charged monthly, given the wrong dosage, gave half the pills (which i caught)...

The pharmacist was a fill in from another store i believe or brand new as he said. He prob did the right thing....which is more than i can say for the other ones. They did remedy the price for me and put it in the computer to where i should pay this every month...that is if the mgr doesnt over ride it he says.

Just a word to the wise to check all your meds for the dosage and amount.

“If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

duh....think that would be a given...but that is exactly the reason I stay away from walmart for drugs...too many people and too easy for mistakes...my local drugstore knows my name and everything about what is going on healthwise with my son...

I would raise friggin hell for a refund for the overcharges!

Yea what about all the other months you paid too much???

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q View Post
    Just curious if any one else has had problems with Wal Mart Pharmacy? In a strange set of events yesterday (which they tried to sweep underneath the proverbial carpet) I learned that I had been paying 80.00 for a RX that was really only 22.00 with tax. They said something like never mind...i said NO, wait a minute here, something is going on!

What is odd about the whole thing is when i called the first time before i ever got it filled i was quoted this 20.oo price. Since then i have been over charged monthly, given the wrong dosage, gave half the pills (which i caught)...

The pharmacist was a fill in from another store i believe or brand new as he said. He prob did the right thing....which is more than i can say for the other ones. They did remedy the price for me and put it in the computer to where i should pay this every month...that is if the mgr doesnt over ride it he says.

Just a word to the wise to check all your meds for the dosage and amount.

Get your receipts together and do your math. Then call a district pharmacy manager and demand a refund for all the over
    payments you made.

I had a similar situation at Walgreens where I was told my prescription was not eligible to be filled. It was too early so I paid $32.00 for six pills only to go back two days later and get 60 pills for $45.00. They did not look at the right prescription. I have to go argue with them too.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

not great luck with walmart. cosco though, no problems at all.

Smile

I never used Wal Mart when i had money and insurance. I started using them because they had 4buck prescriptions for 2 of my drugs, also my pain pills at the time were like 50 bucks cheaper.

The place just irks me. On the 3rd of the month with people out the wazzooo they have 1 person working to wait on people. I called mine in so i would not have to wait...mistake number 1...of course it was not filled. I informed the woman that this is why i call it in....I was not happy LOL. I waited there 2 hours only to be told to come back they were out! They gave me 3 days supply and told me they would be in the next day. I went back 3 days later and it just had came in.

If i do not get the drug next month for the 20.00 price you will hear about it on the news. LOL. Start passing the hat for bail money now because i will go nuts on someones ass in that place. And yes, i will demand they give me my money back for all the overcharges.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton