Thread: Crustacean Feast

Crustacean Feast

Just my daughter and I all weekend! So we has stuff that just 'Us' like!! Enjoying the bonding time with her!

These were the only clams the store had, pretty much chowder clams but cooked right and they were not so tough, very good overall. They also had head on shrimp, a staple when I lived in NC so I got a pound of those as well.

Steamed the clams in a can of beer.

Added Old Bay and Vinegar to the clam broth and cooked the shrimp for a couple minutes in that.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Cool

So Larry,,,,,,,,,

One day when a large white truck appears in front of your house and a 6' guy crawls out, carrying one or two coolers of clams, sea scallops, crabs, asssorted fish, and if your lucky a pair of lobsters all caught by moi. I expect a Bison burger and sweet potato chips, a nice salad, plus a few vodkas, don't be surprised. Your posts are killing me, and I'm not losing much weight in the last year.
    P.S. I walk like I've had a few too many, and may even fall, but don't worry, I'll get up and keep plugging ahead. I'm better on stairs than flat ground, or, for that matter a rolling boat.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    So Larry,,,,,,,,,

One day when a large white truck appears in front of your house and a 6' guy crawls out, carrying one or two coolers of clams, sea scallops, crabs, asssorted fish, and if your lucky a pair of lobsters all caught by moi. I expect a Bison burger and sweet potato chips, a nice salad, plus a few vodkas, don't be surprised. Your posts are killing me, and I'm not losing much weight in the last year.
    P.S. I walk like I've had a few too many, and may even fall, but don't worry, I'll get up and keep plugging ahead. I'm better on stairs than flat ground, or, for that matter a rolling boat.

Al
    Well hell, if you show up with a truck full of all those goodies, I'll cook you 2 bison burgers!!!!

If you're ever in the big city of Bealeton Va, stop in......we'll cook up something and definitely have a drink or 10.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Seriously, that's like the most yummy yet!

I think I'm going to send this to my sis to whip up asap.

These pictures are making me drool, Larry! Living on the Florida gulf coast, I'm gonna miss "local" ingredients like these for some time to come. I wonder what a round trip to NC would cost me with the giant boat cooler in the back of my hubby's truck to fetch a load of Atlantic shrimp???

Margie in FL
    PS...I'm alot like Al in the walking department (iffy, at best) and with the gulf all screwed up, I'm not even going near the boat for now.