Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuggets of wisdom from the UK's leading cure charity

Nuggets of wisdom from the UK's leading cure charity

http://www.spinal-research.org/displ...esearch&id=470

From the newsletter:
    People often think the priority for those with a spinal cord injury is to be able to walk again - you told us that's not the case. And our next round of projects will reflect just that - by concentrating on the issues that matter to you.

Classic. Who the eff have they been speaking to?
    Excuse the rant. I suppose I'm trying to highlight just how ahead Dr Young and his little army of CC members are.

Ruth

K. Anderson posted here once or twice years ago.

I agree with the study results.

The research may be valid, but I fear it has been manipulated by Spinal Research.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth P View Post
    http://www.spinal-research.org/displ...esearch&id=470

From the newsletter:
    People often think the priority for those with a spinal cord injury is to be able to walk again - you told us that's not the case. And our next round of projects will reflect just that - by concentrating on the issues that matter to you.

Classic. Who the eff have they been speaking to?
    Excuse the rant. I suppose I'm trying to highlight just how ahead Dr Young and his little army of CC members are.

Ruth
    I have to say...who the f...k have they been speaking to??
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

paola, ain't it true!

Less than 8% of quadriplegics considered regaining walking movement as the highest priority. By far the greatest majority saw restoring arm/hand function as having the greatest impact on their quality of life. Sexual function and bladder/bowel function all were deemed more important than regaining walking. For those with arm/hand function largely or completely intact (paraplegics), bladder/bowel and sexual function were once again deemed higher priority than walking*.

Our response has been to place a call for proposals looking specifically at understanding and restoring what might be thought of as “non-locomotor functions” ie bladder/bowel and sexual function.
    Yeah. Screw those majority of quadriplegics!
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Steven, bullshit, just bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Yeah. Screw those majority of quadriplegics!
    I agree, they should start at the top and work down but bladder and bowel working up comes a very close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    I agree, they should start at the top and work down but bladder and bowel working up comes a very close second.
    Working bowels would be awesome, but I bet the majority of their funding will go toward the sexual stuff.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Working bowels would be awesome, but I bet the majority of their funding will go toward the sexual stuff.
    I'm ashamed to say that I've been donating a small annual amount via bank standing order to this crowd for over twenty years and I haven't a clue what they do with it.