Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lurking?

Lurking?

I am hoping someone can explain this to me without flames, names or angry PMs.
    I understand anyone is free to read or post on the internet. I can understand why SCI lurkers do not post if they feel uncomfortable for any reason. There is a lot of information here that would pertain to them.
    But what entertainment or enjoyment do people with no association at all with SCI get from an SCI forum?

I shudder to even think what the answer to your question might be. Clearly there is a lot of psychosis in the world, and anyone who lurks here regularly without any connection whatsoever to SCI would fall in that label as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I understand anyone is free to read or post on the internet. I can understand why SCI lurkers do not post if they feel uncomfortable for any reason. There is a lot of information here that would pertain to them.
    But what entertainment or enjoyment do people with no association at all with SCI get from an SCI forum?
    The minutiae of this is being discussed already in a current thread, as it does, in a new thread every couple of months, ad nauseum.

At the end of the day, does it even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    The minutiae of this is being discussed already in a current thread, as it does, in a new thread every couple of months, ad nauseum.

At the end of the day, does it even matter?
    To me it does matter enough for me to ask a question. I am curious.
    Feel free to not read it if you don't want to.

To me it does matter enough for me to ask a question. I am curious.
    Feel free to not read it if you don't want to.
    As my reply shows, I've already read the question, to which you then replied.

If the previous thread discussion(s), which you've been an active and vocal participant, hasn't answered your question, the more curious issue is - how THIS thread, repeating those same questions, will result in a more adequate or satisfactory answer.

In any case, there is a great deal of irony in your ^ qouoted reply to me.

There simply are some sick people in the world, Linda. For some reason, those with SCI turn some AB people on, in many different ways. That's the only explanation I can give you. Don't let them ruin your experience here, though, because that means they win.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I think a new thread doesn't really help matters.

However, I will say that I have no problem with a non-SCI person coming here and lurking or posting. Having an SCI is not, and should not, be a requirement. We are not special just because we are "special". No exclusions to anyone. A non-SCI person has every right to be here and to post or to lurk. They do not need a reason or an excuse.

That's just my point of view of course.

Probably you’re sexy moves.

...plus I'm kinda new here, so.....not really my house, but since you asked....

Question:

Would you consider it strange for a person to view a documentary about a prison who was not a prisoner? Or about the police who was not a cop? Or about a hospital who was neither a patient nor a doctor? What about a person watching the film "Murderball" who does not have an SCI?

What is the difference? Why would you be suspicious of thier reasons for watching those documentaries?

The fact that you have an SCI actually makes you kinda interesting and different, and people find you..., well, interesting.

I don't know if that's what's going on here, but I think the point is valid.