Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone with kids out there?

anyone with kids out there?

So I have a question for anyone out there with kids....when u were or thinking about getting pregnant did you ever have a worry in your mind that due to your injury you may pass away and not be around to enjoy there life and leave your spouse with a child....I know it sounds weird but I don't want to have a kid and not be around for them.

Nope!
    Andrew

I don't have any yet but I will. I only worry about my disability physically getting in the way, that's it. Fact is, anyone could pass away unexpectantly & young, sci or not. Some members here have but there's quite a few old fogies too. I just hope to be one one day too.

No, I guess my only concern was getting her pregnant in the first place. Then I had to pay someone to do it....but at least I got to watch.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

what do you mean you pay someone to do it???

That is the sort of thing that would bother any parent disabled or not. My wife worries about that more than I do (our kids are 20 & 15), and now we have grandkids to worry about. Just make sure you have life insurance and wills and all that sort of responsible stuff.

Everybody is going to die sometime!

My hubby and I do not have a child together because of his chronic pain and how it affects our life- financially, emotionally etc. I would of loved to have had a child with him but he and I agreed it is best for us both to not as we think it would of been to hard. At times though, I have really regretted and missed this in my life. I've re-visted the subject and we take a look at it over again and decide, yes, we made the right decision to not.

I have two children (ages now 21 and 17) from a previous marriage, he has been there for the last 12 yrs helping me raise them.

Quote Originally Posted by mv740 View Post
    what do you mean you pay someone to do it???
    He means inseminate.

I worried about that as an AB. I have three sons (17 year old injured in '07) and worried about it with each pregnancy. Life moves on, don't let fear rule your world. If it's a big concern, do what you can to minimize the impact should something happen (everyone with kids should do that) -- be sure to have a will and life insurance.
    Having kids is the greatest thing in my life. Don't miss the opportunity if it's something you want.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

as you know too well anything can happen in life. if you want kids then go for it. i could easily have a car accident tomorrow or be diagnosed with cancer just as easily as i could live to 100. none of us has a crystal ball so don't let that fear stop you.