Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower Motor Neuron Lesion Cures

No hope yet for few years. Also not much successful research in progress regarding lumbosacral injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by scisucks View Post
    Anything going on at the moment when it comes to those with lower injuries? I'm coming up to my 5 year anniversary and it seems very little progress has been made in that time period.
    We are working on it and will figure it out, hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by scisucks View Post
    Anything going on at the moment when it comes to those with lower injuries? I'm coming up to my 5 year anniversary and it seems very little progress has been made in that time period.
    For what it's worth, I'm watching the Chen lab at Penn State for LMN. So far, the vast majority has been in ALS and brain lab work, but I believe they are getting closer. Here is link to a page where they are working on SCI. Lab LINK. Here's an abstract from SfN 2016 that I planned to put up later on the report and this article was given to me a couple days ago. I hope this helps. I believe I had another abstract ready for the lineup but I'll have to dig a bit for that one. (That abstract still had an affiliate author to Penn State).
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-12-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Do you have any details on this at all? There hasn't been a shred of information/evidence about this so-called LMN strategy from Rutgers or Wise at any point in time - EVER! So Jim, tell us where the lab is with this please seen as you feel ballsy enough to say you will "figure it out"!
    Last edited by Fly_Pelican_Fly; 12-12-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for the response Jim and I hope you are correct.

Up until a couple of years ago I used to get really frustrated and angry at long term paras and quads who would talk down a potential cure - I thought to myself "why are you guys so negative" but now I understand their POV and whilst I'm still hopeful of a cure in the next 10-20 years I won't be holding my breath.

Anyway, on a more positive note merry xmas everyone for when it arrives.