Thread: Lightweight manual recommendations for C4/5

Lightweight manual recommendations for C4/5

By the records, it looks like that I'm due for new manual. My current Ti-lite is no longer in production and as I'm looking around it looks like current manufacturers have been able to cut weight.

Any higher-level quads recommending ultralight rigid wheelchairs? My local seating clinic isn't up to par and I can't afford to travel to shepherd Center in Atlanta for expert advice. Any thoughts equipment gurus?

ti zr2 or colours razorblade. i am on my 3rd zr and i throw in/out of my car many times per day, no issues, i ran colours for 10 yrs prior. eclipses then razorblade
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Ti-lite..............Forget the Shepherd Center I know personally 4 patients (including my son) that left the Shepherd Center with chairs that did not fit properly and they should have never been prescribed or allowed to leave with them. They should be ashamed.......

Thanks Fuente-The razor blade looks pretty streamlined and light. I'll have to give them both a demo. Although, I don't have nearly your strength and can't transfer independently. Which of the two would you say is lighter?

New–when I was there a little over five years ago–the lady that helped me was spot on. Although I imagine there must be quite amount of variability in the staff. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz19 View Post
    thanks fuente-the razor blade looks pretty streamlined and light. I'll have to give them both a demo. Although, i don't have nearly your strength and can't transfer independently. Which of the two would you say is lighter?

New–when i was there a little over five years ago–the lady that helped me was spot on. Although i imagine there must be quite amount of variability in the staff. That sucks.
    blade is lighter
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

What about the quickie GTI? I'm trying to arrange some demos but before I start the full process. It looks like I need to be able to justify to insurance why ZRA 2 would be a better fit? I'm between two different insurance codes- the k0005 and k0009.

I'm trying to get my ducks in order before entering the seating clinic maze.

i wouldnt buy anything quickie
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com