Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Simply Smarter" Dragon 11 Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    thanks PN. i thought it was more expensive. thats not bad at all.
    That's version 10 though. The latest is here...

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Natural...3628124&sr=1-2

These posts are really helpful ... I had a love/hate-but-mostly-hate relationship with earlier versions of Dragon (still have version 6 installed and use it rarely!) but really need to use voice control more regularly. I don't know who I'm trying to impress by pecking away slowly with quad hands.

Does DNS 11 Home plus a decent goose-neck mic sounds like the best combo right now? I don't like using headsets.

I use a Plantronics wireless headset. I did a few searches for voice recognition USB microphones. This USB microphone is sold on the KnowBrainer website. Here is another one from emicrophones. You may also want to take a look at the MacSpeech Products for a price comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liisa View Post
    These posts are really helpful ... I had a love/hate-but-mostly-hate relationship with earlier versions of Dragon (still have version 6 installed and use it rarely!) but really need to use voice control more regularly. I don't know who I'm trying to impress by pecking away slowly with quad hands.

Does DNS 11 Home plus a decent goose-neck mic sounds like the best combo right now? I don't like using headsets.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

To those who wrestle with headsets: I use an Andrea Superbeam array mic, little thing that rests atop my monitor. It works really well as long as there is no background noise. A bit expensive but a good option. It scores 22-24 on Dragon's audio quality check.