Thread: 70th Birthday Party

70th Birthday Party

Today is a good friends 70th birthday!!!! NL volunteered to make the birthday goodies (the birthday boy doesn't like cake).
    The center that contains the candles is made from two Sapporo Silver beer cans (he does like beer) wrapped in crackle acetate and ribbons. The 70th birthday candle centerpiece is surrounded by dark chocolate cake pops, coated in dark chocolate and white chocolate decoration. (Thanks TexasWheelz and Patty Cakes for the inspiration.)
    The platter has cherry topped mini cheesecake, blueberry topped lemon babycakes, and chocolate brownies topped with chocolate ganache and raspberries.
    Today is 83° with light breezes....a perfect day for friends, good food and drink and celebrating a good life. Happy Birthday, Ulrich!!!

GJNL
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-31-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Opps forgot the picture/70th Birthday

Today is a good friends 70th birthday!!!! NL volunteered to make the birthday goodies (the birthday boy doesn't like cake).
    The center that contains the candles is made from two Sapporo Silver beer cans (he does like beer) wrapped in crackle acetate and ribbons. The 70th birthday candle centerpiece is surrounded by dark chocolate cake pops, coated in dark chocolate and white chocolate decoration. (Thanks TexasWheelz and Patty Cakes for the inspiration.)
    The platter has cherry topped mini cheesecake, blueberry topped lemon babycakes, and chocolate brownies topped with chocolate ganache and raspberries.
    Today is 83° with light breezes....a perfect day for friends, good food and drink and celebrating a good life. Happy Birthday, Ulrich!!!

Attachment 36368

Sorry I couldn't get this by editing...I', sure it is me...not skilled with these manipulations
    GJNL
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 08-01-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Those treats look delicious.

That is very nice!
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

The Party is over.....

The party was aaaaalot of fun and all of the desserts were gobbled up. NL loves to cook and experiment de cuisine and I (and all of our friends) love to eat....but NL outdid herself for this party.....can we say YUMMY!!!!

Wish all of you could have had a taste!!!!

Hope we (GJ & NL) will celebrate our 70th birthdays with such good food and fun in several years!!!!!

All the best,
    GJNL

The food looked too pretty to eat. A good way to celebrate!

Looks good, nice decoration around em. We did some cheesecake balls on those type of sucker sticks for an event back in March. Every one loved em
    Most everything I say is