Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMX-inspired HXC sport wheelchair

Seen it before, it's a interesting concept. I don't know how much of the suspension you'd want, you wouldn't want it bouncing all over the place. Also sketchy with those small ass casters, although I do realize it's made for riding in a skate park where there shouldn't be anything for them to get caught on, I'd still want em a bit bigger.
    Most everything I say is

Looks really cool, like it's strong as a tank. I wonder what the suspension is like. That back is so low I don't know what that would feel like. Do you need a low back for a skatepark? I would definitely like to try it. Great color. Do you know how heavy it is?

that catsers is like what aaron fortheringham use in his boing...seems like its the same concept as aaron's modified boing...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Good eye nia adha, from the article...
    "De La Vega has sent his HXC design to Aaron Fotheringham, and to Colours Wheelchairs, the company that currently makes the athlete’s chairs. Both Colours and Fotheringham helped De La Vega in the creation of the HXC, advising him on what factors to keep in mind for his skatepark-purposed wheelchair.

haha...didnt read the article, but seen a lot of him with his wheelchair and video on his faceboook since he's on my friendlist...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

those casters are using skateboard wheels and they are bigger than they look

As far as a back that low, you'd need some trunk control to do the things he does and even more to do them in a chair with such a low back.
    Most everything I say is

somebody needs to learn how to use a tube bender...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    somebody needs to learn how to use a tube bender...
    haha. I was thinking the same thing. PVC pipe. The front end seems nice but it is impractical for everyday use. I'm sure it rocks in a skate park.

I'm going to go play 720° now. I got my self destructive tendencies out of my system at 16.

Then amazingly innovative push handle on the back might protect the chair but it does nothing to stop a T10 from becoming a C3.
    Last edited by radio_buddha; 07-31-2010 at 11:07 AM.