Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myelomelacia

Yes, you should be evaluated for the cause of any loss of either strength or sensation. This could be due to a variety of problems such as a syrinx, spinal nerve root compression, or worsening (ascending) myelomalacia.

The face though is not innervated by the spinal cord, so if you have sensory or motor changes there, evaluation of possible brain lesions or problems should be done.

You need to see a good neurologist for both issues.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Yes, you should be evaluated for the cause of any loss of either strength or sensation. This could be due to a variety of problems such as a syrinx, spinal nerve root compression, or worsening (ascending) myelomalacia.

The face though is not innervated by the spinal cord, so if you have sensory or motor changes there, evaluation of possible brain lesions or problems should be done.

You need to see a good neurologist for both issues.

(KLD)
    I just did from my doc who did the surgery and then I went to Northwestern University Hospital for a second opinion with Dr. Cybulski a very well known surgeon. He said the same thing. I just had an mri a month ago because of these changed symptoms and an emg. If I posted my results of the two would you or Dr. Young take a look at them for me and maybe I would understand a little more. Thank You for helping me