Thread: Oregonians! Seeking caregiver pay rate

Oregonians! Seeking caregiver pay rate

I hope this is the right place to ask this...

I am moving to Oregon on in two months and am a C5 quadriplegic, pretty much maximum assist. And my brother is my primary caregiver. I am wondering about how much per month I can expect to pay him in regard to my level of injury and personal needs.

Any information is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

RYAN

Where abouts in Oregon?

Going Medicaid rate is $10.20/hr.

"anban" - thank you! About how many hours per month are alloted according to my injury.

"Quadvet" - Moving to Brookings. Where are you?

Hey Ryan, I've never been to Brookings, heard good things about it, though. Lots online you've probably seen about it.

I'm about 400 miles northeast of you, on the Columbia River. Good luck on your move, I hope you like it...typical small town Oregon, rivers mountains and the coast. And likable folks.

Hi, I live near roseburg, but I have lived in brookings for a short time before, it s a great town and the weather is perfect. It is a long ways from a major hospital. The place you need to contact is the senior and disabled services, they will set you up with whats called a relative foster home, its really easy and no training is required. The amount they pay is determined by the amount of care your brother needs, they figure it out with a big list of questions. I think my mom gets $1100 or so from them and about 750 from my ssd. If your brother has income they will require him to pay you most of it. This is how it has worked for me. Welcome to oregon, I hope you have a good time here. If you need more info PM me.
    Shawn

i am on a vent c4-5. i need total assistance. the state pays approv. 2200$ for livein care in my own home. my boyfriend is also with me 24/7 and is considered a 'a natural support'.

also, i am NOT in a foster home.I would be careful before moving into one.My experiance has been much better hiring my own aides and supplementing them with my boyfriend as my medical power of attorney.

I have been with my boyfriend for 28 years.Having a strong medical advocate is key to surviving sci.