Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fendered or fold down

Fendered or fold down

I am ordering a TiLite zra and cant decide on side gaurds, I like the idea of resting my arms on the fendered, but can I still push useing tires? I also like the idea of not haveing to remove the fold down for car transfers.
    my chair is 15" seat depth, 19.5" frt. and 17" back seat height, with 25" wheels should I get small std.

Honestly, youll prob never fold them down anyway. Fendered for me whould tear my thumbs up
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I don't use either on my Crossfire. I like it open & haven't missed having sideguards one bit.

On my M1 I just use sideguards, no fenders, though I have a set. As a quad it's advantageous to push on the tires at times... not easy w/ fenders.

Never had em before but I did go with the CF fold down ones for my new ZR. I love the look of the fendered ones but I'm also afraid of tearing my thumbs up on it. If I don't like em I'll just take em off.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny B. View Post
    , but can I still push useing tires? I also like the idea of not haveing to remove the fold down for car transfers.

fold down sideguards for you.

If I get fold down c.f. should I get the small? thay seem to sit higher with the hinge.
    thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    I don't use either on my Crossfire. I like it open & haven't missed having sideguards one bit.
    Same here. I've never used side guards or fenders. I tried side guards for one day about ten years ago just for giggles, didn't like 'em. I felt boxed in, closed in, and less free.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Why get fold down CF's. IMO the aluminum rigid removables are great. They are strong, hold my hips in place and are easy to pull up and out of the way when not needed. The fold downs are hinged which means something else to break.

What are your intentions for a sideguard, to look pretty or be functional. The fenders will tear your thumbs up, the fold downs will just be an added nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Why get fold down CF's. IMO the aluminum rigid removables are great. They are strong, hold my hips in place and are easy to pull up and out of the way when not needed. The fold downs are hinged which means something else to break.

What are your intentions for a sideguard, to look pretty or be functional. The fenders will tear your thumbs up, the fold downs will just be an added nuisance.
    Personal preference but I have the fold down ones. I love the fact that when I travel...either by car or on the plane, I do not have to take them off..just fold them down. Also, I do not run the risk of losing them. They are durable and strong like the aluminum ones, and still hold me in place.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I need side guards for winter snow and slush. I think I will go with fold down c.f. what size is best. std. small?