Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiLite, Aero Z w/ Series-2, rear-seat hardware?

TiLite, Aero Z w/ Series-2, rear-seat hardware?

TiLite, is it possible to get an Aero Z with Series-2, rear-seat-height hardware provided on the ZRA2? If so, what is the retail upgrade cost?

Thanks
    Chas

i dont think so.if they do have it, they would have been promoting it in their website by now. even the zr series 2 started with ZRa, then ZR a little later. but maybe it's on their list.who knows...but didnt heard anything about Aero Z 2.i wish TR would have the series 2 upgrades....
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Nia, my thought includes not upgrading the casters, which would require a frame change, but only swapping rear-seat-height hardware. The ZRA2 and AeroZ have the same nominal tube diameter (1.25"), but I don't know if they have the same outside diameter (titanium vs aluminum).

owh yeah!sorry...misunderstood!but that'd be great right?i wonder....even the zra and zra2 shares the same price tag anyway, so what's the bother, rite?
    Last edited by nia adha; 07-27-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

TiLite told me that eventually the new options would probably move over to the Aero Z. I just need to know if the Unitine fork by froglegs will work on the Aero Z?
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    TiLite, is it possible to get an Aero Z with Series-2, rear-seat-height hardware provided on the ZRA2? If so, what is the retail upgrade cost?

Thanks
    Chas
    Chas,

right now, none of the ZRA Series 2 options are available on the AeroZ. We will certainly keep you posted once we start offering the new options on our Aero line.

Bras - the Frog Leg UniTunes will fit on the AeroZ but you need to square the casters after installation.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Thanks, TiLite.

I'm being fitted for my own chair by VA next Thursday (right now I'm in a borrowed Q2). I've researched all rigid chairs made by VA-approved ultralight manufacturers and cataloged their features in Excel. I have concluded that your Aero Z meets my needs best. Today I spoke with the VA PT who will be at the fitting; she wants me to bring along my spreadsheet when I come. She sounded open to my logic; we'll see if she agrees with the details.

Meanwhile I'm just wishing the Series-2 COG hardware would be available on the Aero Z very soon. I've read the user manuals, and S2 hardware just appears simpler and more streamlined.

(I prefer Al over Ti; I have no spasms; my primary need for a chair is for MS-fatigue management, so I prefer the rigidity of aluminum over the shock absorbency of titanium. It is my first chair, so I need the adjustability; otherwise I'd love a modified-box style like your TR.)

Thanks again
    Chas
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-29-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Have you tried both a ZRA and an Aero Z? If your therapist can justify titanium, why in the world would you not get the ZRA S2? A ZRA S2 will be lighter, more durable, and much more efficient. Vibration dampening, not shock absorption, is the main benefit of titanium. Vibration leads to fatigue (just ask helicopter pilots).

Since it is your first chair, I should also add that while the new caster angle adjustment mechanism certainly looks "unique", it will be much easier to adjust than the design used on the Aero Z/ZRa S1.

SCI_OTR, no I've tried neither. My opinion of Al vs Ti was reached only from what I've read. I've wheeled only an Invacare XT9000 and a Q2. My opinion of TiLite was reached primarily by comparing available features; it was reinforced by comparing companies' marketing approaches, and soliciting forum users' opinions.

From what little the PT said today, I don't believe the Omaha VA has any TiLites. She talked only about Invacare and Sunrise. I told her I didn't like Sunrise; I liked the AeroZ by Tilite.

How can I try them if Omaha VA has none? Might TiLite loan several chairs to them? Perhaps TiLite will respond.

Chas

Chas,

This has been forwarded to the TiLite Rep covering the Omaha VA.

Please keep me posted.

Regards.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.