Thread: wheelchair for tetraplegic

wheelchair for tetraplegic

i'm searching for light weight wheelchair for tetraplegic (manual)....any suggestion??

Actual ASIA level of injury? What someone with a C7 injury needs may be quite different from someone with a C4 injury. Also, height, weight, level of activity in the community, and the environment where you will be using the chair (urban, rural, etc.) makes a difference.

(KLD)

im c4-5 ..im nearly 180 cm and 85 kg...most of the time im home

What are you using now?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I'm a c5/c6 quad, I went with a Ti-Lite Aero Z. I'm 6'-1" 185lbs. 24" spynergy spox rims, jay 3 low back rest, 4x1.5 soft roll front casters, roho quadro select low-profile cushion, on the rims i went with rubber coated handrims and i don't wear quad gloves to push i just use my hands.

thank for the informormation..im searching for one chair like that but with highier rear seat and smaller back wheels

Have you been pushing a manual chair?

All ultralight "K5" wheelchairs are custom made - so you can choose the rear and front seat heights, wheel size, caster size, backrest, everything. The axles are also adjustable - both forward and backward as well as up and down. The only decision you really have to make is on the frame - and this really comes down to what look do you like.

I see you're in Europe, so I don't know what brands are available over there. Also, do you want a rigid chair that has the backrest fold down for transport? This is what Americans generally go with. Or do you want it to fold in the middle (popular in Asia)? There are models in both. Ti has a couple of great frames. Quickie Q7 is good. Nisson makes a good chair; they merged with Colours.

The most important thing is to have your chair ordered by someone who knows how to order this type of chair. They should be able to show you all of your options on the chair so you can choose what you want. It is too easy to measure wrong...

Good luck!