Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: excessive sweating from 1 side of the body

excessive sweating from 1 side of the body

i am a C6 level quadraplegia having this problem of excessive sweating on either left or right side of face,neck,shoulder,arms.
    i sweat doing exercise and sometimes while sitting doing nothing and even while sleeping.
    what exactly could be the reason and cure for it?

tejas i'm a t3 para and have this same problem. for me i usually sweat more on the left side of my face and neck and on the right leg. i'm not sure what it's all about either.

My husband C3 complete does this once in a while. We call it "half and half" as goes from head to toes right down the middle. there seems to be no reason or anything that brings it on. Crazy SCI!

Is this something new for you, or have you had it since your SCI? New inappropriate sweating can sometimes be a symptom of a syrinx, which should be ruled out before assuming it is just something associated with SCI that has no real significance. I assume you are not having AD???

(KLD)

yep, since 1978 when injured, only sweat on my left side, right down the middle from nose straight down
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Hey, I am a T4 and just after my SCI I would sweat so bad, like soak a shirt in 10 min, and just while chillin on my couch at home, not feeling hot or anything. I started using a scopolamine patch, it is meant for motion sickness and one of the side-effects is "loss of perspiration" and it seemed to work real well for me. I still would sweat if I was working out, but not abnormally anymore. I havent worn one of the patches for a good 7-10 months now and still haven't started sweating abnormally again.

Blog Entries
    I have had similar issues. For me it's the right shoulder. For no reason, mine seems to have lessened. Had a lot of tone issues in my right arm lately, and the sweat comes back with it every now and then. Sucks! Leaning back in my chair seems to help calm it and sometimes stop it. I am a seat for. Let me try that again, without Dragon speak trying to be funny. I am a C. 4. Whatever you do, don't try to make sense of it!

Quote Originally Posted by rollin_on_24s View Post
    Hey, I am a T4 and just after my SCI I would sweat so bad, like soak a shirt in 10 min, and just while chillin on my couch at home, not feeling hot or anything. I started using a scopolamine patch, it is meant for motion sickness and one of the side-effects is "loss of perspiration" and it seemed to work real well for me. I still would sweat if I was working out, but not abnormally anymore. I havent worn one of the patches for a good 7-10 months now and still haven't started sweating abnormally again.
    Be very careful with this. If you use reflex voiding at all, this can cause urinary retention, and it will also make you much more subject to heat stroke, dry mouth, vision blurring and sometimes constipation. Never take this if there is any chance you have glaucoma.

(KLD)

Check position.. It happens to me when something "hurts". Usually it goes inverted, if pain is on right side, I sweat on left side.

Check shoes n stuff for pressure points.
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

what is syrinx?....what exactly is AD...the problem is not new.but is intermittent..it comes for few weeks and the goes away for weeks n months and again recurs..not sure if its becoz of BP...sweating happens in few positions of sleeping,sitting,exercising and goes away after changing the position.