Thread: GRILLMASTER (WolfeMan)

GRILLMASTER (WolfeMan)

I hope you can give me some advise when cooking with a smoker. My buddy just purchased a large four rack propane smoker that he is bringing when we go camping next month. I have smoked alittle bit but never ribs, guess what Marty wants me to smoke, ribs for the whole gang.

Any advise, type of ribs, spices, sauces, temps, cook times, type of wood. I'll be cooking for 16 to 20 hungry adults.

Thanks, Purple Haze
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I hope you can give me some advise when cooking with a smoker. My buddy just purchased a large four rack propane smoker that he is bringing when we go camping next month. I have smoked alittle bit but never ribs, guess what Marty wants me to smoke, ribs for the whole gang.

Any advise, type of ribs, spices, sauces, temps, cook times, type of wood. I'll be cooking for 16 to 20 hungry adults.

Thanks, Purple Haze
    Any fruit wood or mild wood like oak or a little hickory works good on ribs. I like to use Wolfe Rub Original on all of my ribs in both backyard cooking and competition cooking and glaze the ribs with an equal combination of Sweet Baby Rays and Honey.

Cook the ribs in the smoke for 4 hours if you're cooking spare ribs and 3 hours if you're cooking loinbacks (aka: baby backs). Then wrap in heavy duty foil for 1.5-2 hours for spares and 1 hour for loinbacks. If you opt to, you can add a bit of apple juice to the foiled ribs to steam/braise them. At this point they should be almost done and tender. To check for tenderness, slide a toothpick between the bones, if it goes in with little resistance, that's good and they're on their way to being tender. If you can't get the toothpick in, continue cooking in the foil for another 20 minutes. Then remove from the foil and put back on the smoker for another 45 minutes to an hour and glaze every 15 minutes.

Hope this helps!!

e-mail me at bigdaddyskins56@gmail.com I want to send you something.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Thanks, I'm bringing the WolfeMan to the West...

Thanks, I'm bringing the WolfeMan to the West...
    Got your e-mail, now you have mail!!! Let me know what you think!
    Larry
    ------

Wolfeman,

The ribs turned out awesome, thanks for all the smoking tips you shared with me.

Next camping trip is in october I will have to try and kick it up another notch if that is possible. Wolfeman rub never came to the door can you send me the tracking info if you have it. Maybe one of my neighbors snaked it when we weren't home.

Thanks again

Wolfeman,

The ribs turned out awesome, thanks for all the smoking tips you shared with me.

Next camping trip is in october I will have to try and kick it up another notch if that is possible. Wolfeman rub never came to the door can you send me the tracking info if you have it. Maybe one of my neighbors snaked it when we weren't home.

Thanks again
    It should have come via e-mail, probably hit your SPAM folder. Shoot me your e-mail again @ bigdaddyskins56@gmail.com and I'll get them to you!! Sorry they didn't reach you in time......
    Larry
    ------