Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My experience with Ampyra

Keeping on - thank you for the positive info. I only wished it would work for everyone. I pray stem cell therapy is our next answer.

MSWIFE1, I tried to enter a friend. Let me know if it worked. There is so much news on ms, and spinal cord injuries, and satem cell therapy. It looks good for advanced treatments; don't know when and how. News like the effects of Ampyra is tantalizing in that these are new advancements. I can't help but think that reconnecting nerves is a matter of time. I can't help but think that the News in the not so distant future will show people with some advancement in walking and standing. I am an incomplete and had a devastating auto immune attack on my cord. I hope that one day I will be on the news showing off the ability to walk again.

I can't agree more, I only hope the funding is there to continue on with the progress. I will check my friend list shortly. I am trying to get David to sci-step in hopes that will help with his muscle rebuilding. I am so glad to have someone else to talk with about this and that is as excited about it as me. I can hear it in your tone, I hope and pray everyday that today is going to be the day.

How is it going Goat???

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    How is it going Goat???
    Thanks so much for asking! In short: SSDD
    I have no Rx coverage, so the IRA was raided to fund 2months of Ampyra. I was sooooo excited to begin! Finished the first bottle; I don't want to accept that it won't help - so I got a refill. Almost 1/2 finished with it... have noticed nothing - which SUCKS.
    "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates

I am so sorry. I was hoping for good news as I am sure you were too. I don't understand why it helps some and not others. Another medical mystery I guess.

I don't know if this is typical or not - I have a 15 year old T-6 incomplete SCI.
    I've been on Ampyra for nearly 3 months. After reading some posts I expected some sort of miracle in the first 24 hours - didn't happen for me. But I have had a lot of nerve pain on Ampyra (never had that before) that seems to foreshadow some kind of return of function. For the first time I can "suck in" (for lack of a better term) my lower abs and I've recently been getting a lot of pain and spasticity on my right (weaker) side so I'm hoping that means I'll start getting some return there, too!
    I would encourage anyone to try this!

Thanks for the postings, I am hoping to start the compounded version soon. My Dr wants new MRI's 1st. Goat re: no rx coverage I think I seen posted the drug company may be offering assistance or compounding may be an option for you too, Skip's is supposed to be around 120-140 for 3 months.

I know I am excited to try this med, I hope you can continue! Great to hear all the postings encouraging to try the med, very positive.
    Best Regards,
    Minnie