Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HGH and Testosterone

hgh was 200 or 250$ every 2 weeks insurance didnt cover it so it got real expensive real soon

Great advice folks. I'm going to have my levels checked first and proceed from there. So I could possible gain a half grade of muscle strength? I'll report back.

I tried getting my doctor to put me on test but he refused. My blood work showed I had a low test level but it wasn't below avg.
    John-B

As a reference for others reading this thread:

I had my testosterone level checked a year ago (then 49 y.o.) and it came back 456 NG/DL: normal range (170 - 780 NG/DL). I asked my urologist, who specializes in SCI, if my result would qualify me for supplementation and he commented: "In general, we treat levels that are either below the lower limits of normal or even low normal - 350 or less. If you're in the middle the range . . . no testosterone for you!"

I'm shocked!! You're older than me Stephen? Dang, you look a lot younger. I'm impressed ya old fart!

(still 48 years young)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    As a reference for others reading this thread:

I had my testosterone level checked a year ago (then 49 y.o.) and it came back 456 NG/DL: normal range (170 - 780 NG/DL). I asked my urologist, who specializes in SCI, if my result would qualify me for supplementation and he commented: "In general, we treat levels that are either below the lower limits of normal or even low normal - 350 or less. If you're in the middle the range . . . no testosterone for you!"
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I'm shocked!! You're older than me Stephen? Dang, you look a lot younger. I'm impressed ya old fart!

(still 48 years young)
    Older, better looking, and twice the testosterone level (just to stay on topic)!

Well, two out of three ain't bad. I got so much testosterone the doc wants to set up a racket so we can sell my excess (I have 5 times the 'high end' amount for a normal man) on the black market.

I'm still mulling it over...I can probably get ya a deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Older, better looking, and twice the testosterone level (just to stay on topic)!
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

In the good old days before the FDA invaded our collective underwear, you could buy testosterone-enhanced aftershave and cologne (without prescription).

Aah, I remember it well.

LOL, forgot about Hai Karate, now I know where Axe got their advertising idea from.
    Most everything I say is

thing is we should be at the upper level in order to maintain our activity level, sports adls etc.......the normal range is very very wide ranging
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer