Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HGH and Testosterone

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    How are you behind the wheel? Any road rage issues?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Steve,
    A lot of the guys on the study have shown major improvements in energy levels, strength, fat loss. I was happy my stabbing pains went away. I still have nerve pain but not as strong as it was. Plus I quit taking four different medications while on the patches. That was a win for me. I feel like a million bucks being off of Neurotin and lyrica, cymbalta and decreased my hydrocodone. The study is showing many positive results in spinal cord candidates. They do have a control group that is not injured and I believe some of the group is on a placebo. Watson Pharmaceuticals is conducting this study with Kessler in New Jersey. If any of you are close to their, it is worth looking into. I am really interested in HGH. I have a friend who is using it and he told me it gives you a new life. He is almost fifty and he feels like he's in his thirties again. I have not had any side effects from the testosterone. Also from talking with people on testosterone, the patches work much better than the cream. Injectables are supposed to be even better. Good luck to all.

I got really overweight and had really low energy levels with really high pain. The new pain doctor I had started seeing had immediately started checking my testosterone levels. They were extremely low and since then I've been getting testosterone gel on my back every night. It's from my level back up to normal, my energy level is much better and I've since lost 100 pounds. It's made a dramatic difference in my life and is well worth it.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

dude i am a c6/7 and lost 65lbs after my injury. i was so malnourished and didnt have much of an appetite ever, usually bad stomach pains and nausea. i suffer from very low blood pressure as well. i use a manual chair.... so i nor drs could figure out why this was. and i think it was bc my immune system took a beating after my injury and after bought upon bought of CDIFF i dont think i ever fully was recovering. even though i would always test normal. so eating and life was tough for a bit.... 2yrs pass and i research a ton of stuff. since we dont actively exercise our legs and entire body we dont produce sufficient testosterone. i was also having a lot of joint damage/pain in my arms etc from overuse and injury. i researched HGH and TEST. i and my physician went over the whole thing with our findings and i opted for the HGH bc my test. lvls were ok and the HGH would also boost them. so in Nov. of 09 i started a daily regimen of one shot to the abdomen with about .065iu (small amount but potent stuff). i did miss days but few times. i did this for 6 months and few days. by the 2nd month i had started to regain appetite and started hemp protein and fiber shakes with milk as well as whey protein with milk. that i found drinking every day along with proper exercise helped me gain muscle and bulk. i felt a pretty dramatic increase in strength, healing and health in general. towards the last two months my blood pressure and energy was getting better/more stable. my muscle recovery time was better. i have no bad things to say about my 6 month HGH use, only positive. wish i was still wreaking all the benefits still but the healthy nutrition still helps and is a major factor.... sorry i just rambled my as off hahahaha

I work in a clinic that primarily takes care of HIV + patients. We give Testosterone injections at a dosage of 200-300mg every two weeks. We have noticed the only real side effects are increased hair production. As above keep an eye on your PSA levels and as long as the testosterone levels remain with boundaries we have received reimbursement.

The HGH sounds like a great idea too. I heard it is very expensive. Has anyone had medicare pay for HGH or Testosterone?
    That is great of the weight loss for you guys. A 100 pounds is a tremendous amount of weight. You are probably flying around in the chair. Good luck to all.

It has been my experience that Medicare will pay for the Testosterone. The diagnosis your physician needs to use is Hypogonadism and or ED. I think it is expensive. There is a pharmacy in Oregon that is less expensive; Strobecker's. They will send the medication, needles and syringes.

Ginahas,
    Thank you for the information. I will tell my doctor. What about on the HGH side. Are there certain codes for medicare to pay for HGH? Also what doses of HGH does a person start on? I know my testosterone levels where clinically low after my accident. If that is the case, would HGH levels be that low too.?

test is exp if ins doesnt pay for it. hgh, its real high, i know many on it, it needs to be run for 6mths minimum. hgh is why stallone looks so good. great article in new cigar aficianodo(SP)
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

at my accident i was around 160 by the time i got to rehab 3 weeks later i was 117 19 years later and i still can not gain weight. tried everything not one pound. i don't even have a quad belly! is there anything that will help me gain weight?
    c6-c7 complete
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland