Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: HGH and Testosterone

I'm so glad I found this thread. I worked out 5-6 times before the accident and was addicted to the gym. after the accident 1-1\2 years ago I've been napping all the time, only getting to the gym 2-3 times a week, motovation to do anything is gone, sex drive in the tank, and I could cry at the end of any movie . I'll be getting my levels checked asap. I love this site, I love you guys, I love love ... danmit there I go again
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    slurpster, im thinking of competing with levels within the standard range for my age but is the fact im supplementing grounds for disqualification?
    I don't know if any testing is done on bodybuilders, but our US Paralympic athletes are tested extensively and some are subject to random testing from USADA. Use of substances on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List for medical reasons requires an approved Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) OR a Declaration of Use. To gain approval, an athlete must submit the appropriate application form along with substantial medical justification for the use of the prohibited substance at least 21 days in advance of intended use. High levels of testosterone without authorization can result in disqualification, suspension from competition and even lifetime bans.

Paralympic Athletes selected for the registered testing pool must submit a list of their intended whereabouts for upcoming 90 day periods to USADA so they may be tested. Required info includes the athlete’s competition schedule for the following quarter and

A. the name and address of each location where the Athlete is scheduled to compete during the quarter and the date(s) on which the Athlete is scheduled to compete at such location(s);
    B. For each day during the following quarter, the full address of the place where the Athlete will be residing (e.g., home, temporary lodgings, hotel, etc.);
    C. For each day during the following quarter, the name and address of each location where the Athlete will train, work or conduct any other regular activity (e.g. school), as well as the usual time-frames for such regular activities;
    D. For each day during the following quarter, one specific 60-minute time slot between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. each day where the Athlete will be available and accessible for Testing at a specific location.

Athletes are held to the standard of “strict liability.” In the anti-doping world, strict liability means that you are responsible for any prohibited substance found in your system, regardless of how it got there.

USADA warns athletes against taking any dietary supplements, even if they are “approved” or “verified,” as there is a lack of regulation by the Food and Drug Administration and could be contaminated with small amounts of prohibited substances that are not listed on the product label.

Pursuing a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) can be expensive but it’s alot cheaper than a legal fight with USADA after a positive (or even a possibly botched) test. The athlete rarely wins a protest and WADA & USADA have legal teams on retainer. Some of USADA’s rules may not be “fair” for SCI athletes but they are the current rules of play.

Anyone interested in wheelchair sports like track, swimming, handcycling, rugby, weight lifting, skiing or basketball at the national or elite international level should become a regular visitor to the athlete's page at USADA
    http://www.usada.org/athletes

if i read the prohibited list correctly taking large amounts of L-arginine(NO supplements) would get you in trouble?
    "Impossible is Nothing" - Adidas Slogan

In the 100% Natural BBing fed I'm in ( INBF) even if perscribed anything on the band list is NO GO CUT ANG DRY.
    Polygraghs and piss tests any time they want and pre and post shows.
    I'm a WNBF Pro Wheelchair Bodybuilder with national sponsors. Any questions feel free to ask.

Testosterone supplementation update

About two months ago I started applying the testosterone patches (androderm) daily. My goal was to gain about half a grade of muscle strength. For the first month or so I didn’t notice any substantial changes in strength, energy, muscle tone or spasticity. After about a month and a half in I can say that there have been significant benefits to the supplementation therapy.

Since my injury in 02, I can confidently state that I haven’t felt this healthy. The positive benefits that I’ve been able to quantify are:
    Increased energy and attention throughout the day.
    Increased immune response to skin breakdown/existing pressure sores.
    A half grade to grade and a half of strength in functioning muscles (deltoids, biceps, pectorals, scapula, abdominals)
    Reduced neuropathic pain
    Quicker recovery time after exercise (I alternate between a mile and a half of pushing, standing, yoga exercise and various theraband workouts throughout the week)

The cons that I have noted are:
    Occasional increase spasticity
    insomnia

My initial blood levels indicated that I was around 380 range and after two months I have been able to raise my levels to 790. I strongly recommend this treatment for those who are active and are looking for increased energy, strength and vitality. I’m happy to answer any questions.

Thanks Chaz

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post

The cons that I have noted are:
    Occasional increase spasticity
    insomnia
    Serious question: Are your nuts shrinking?

yes they do..........
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    yes they do..........
    How shrunken? (No pics, please.)

Maybe a bit. Nothing I'm concerned about. Makes sitting all day easier.